Any help please with Set-Top box set up

bungley

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there thanks for looking in at my post I'm hoping to get some experts advice from you guys so hopefully someone can help me out thanks.

I want to run all my set top boxes from the loft and be able to view them on 4 TV’s in the house and be able to change the channel on each box on either of the TV’s with a sky magic eye or something similar if that’s not possible.

I want to put my Sky+HD, TiVo Virgin and VU+ Solo2 in the loft and then view them on 4 TV’s I will use 1 in 2 out HDMI Splitters and split the signal out to the bedroom TV and Living Room TV and then have a 6 in 2 out HDMI Splitter Downstairs to connect the living room TV and a HDMI over Cat 6 sender and then the kitchen TV and office TV will have HDMI over Cat 6 Receivers which I have already.

I also have coaxial cable run to each TV as well with sky magic eye’s and a Global F140 Sky Compatible Magic Eye Amplifier already so was hoping to use the magic eye’s to be able to change the channels on either of the boxes like if I’m watching virgin I use the TiVo remote and point it at the magic eye and the virgin will change channel.

I’m also thinking of using an RF Modulators and running the TiVo and the Vu+ Solo2 through the coaxial cable along with the Sky+HD box if this is possible as a backup as I have the cable running to each TV already.

The main thing that I need is how to change the channels on each box using its own remote but on each of the 4 TV's is there a device that can do that but as I already have sky magic eyes on each TV Ideally I would prefer if I can use them as there already there if that's possible.

any ideas please I would appreciate any help or advice you can give thanks

Thank You for taking your time and looking into my issue

You want a good quality 4x4 HDMI Matrix with IR... I'm not sure who the best person to ask put if you do a search on here it should come up as it has been discussed before.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You want a good quality 4x4 HDMI Matrix with IR... I'm not sure who the best person to ask put if you do a search on here it should come up as it has been discussed before.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thank You for your help and advice it's much appreciated

Thanks

Back