any help on this appreciated

musicisme1

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok,i have a chipped wii,certain games like smg and mk wont work,i get the error #001 message,now apparently i have to od something with brickblocker and/or regionfrii,but WHAT,does anyone know of a straight forward tutorial or can someone explain to me (a newbie) what to do,i have plenty of games that do work so thats not the problem,thanks in advance

what mod do you have?

also do you have a PAL wii console?

the mod will probably need upgrading to latest firmware and the wii will probably need updating its firmware by going online with it

start here first.

i'm pretty sure its a wiikey but cant get hold of the person that did it to know for sure,,i updated something which is 32e,is that the mod or the wii? any more help now you know that? do u know where a brickblocker tutorial/guide is? please

youve updated the firmware on the wii to 3.2e which is ok it all depends on what chip you have?it mite be a pic in which case it will have to be updated hex ,but until you find out its hard to advise

Brickblocker isn`t going to help

Your chip needs updating.
you need to know which chip is in your wii
if its a wikey , then it should be easily updated without removing from wii.

if its a pic chip then hopefully it was socketed on rear of wii (if the installer was wise) and u can remove pic and reprogram it.
otherwise - u need to do some soldering :)

regards
jase

u say if its a wikey , then it should be easily updated without removing from wii,but how do i update it please?? thanks

you would burn a wiikey update disc, i have put several in the stickies m8.

burn to a DVDr and allow the update to run.

musicisme1 I suspect that you have some 'multi' ISO's which will play on NTSC or PAL. The problem is that if your chip has multiregion support disabled you will only be able to play PAL games.
Download the configuration disk for the WiiKey and enable support.

Messa

musicisme1 I suspect that you have some 'multi' ISO's which will play on NTSC or PAL. The problem is that if your chip has multiregion support disabled you will only be able to play PAL games.
Download the configuration disk for the WiiKey and enable support.

Messa

his problem is with super mario galaxy and mario karts... as theyre wii games i think u will find they cant be multi iso games (only game cube can be multi iso to my knowledge)
the error is he is getting is usually caused by the new (old now..lol) chip detection they use to stop those games running in a modded wii

regards
jase

By 'Multi' I am referring to multi region, games which are capable of being played on regions other than the one they were designed for, not the multigame disks you think I mean.

:)

Messa

tried to do an update,1.9b,no joy:( i'm soon giving up,anyone want to swap for a 360?

Back