any experts ? 200 prob

bhatti00

Inactive User
Reaction score
got an ambit 200, cloned but no ready light coming on and also no ip address being picked up.
macs are from my town some close and some far away (tried at least 12)
no nthell logo appearing in root page and mac address which has been cloned is appearing properly. ive tried both usb and ethernet

ps am a non subscriber.

Has anyone else ever had this problem before or is mine unique?
also how can i get round this ?

any help much appreciated.

right this is the information from the root page am sure theres some clues here as to why its not working

Downstream Status

Downstream Lock : Not Locked
Downstream Frequency : 786750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : unknown
Downstream Interleave Depth : ???
Downstream Receive Power Level : 1.4 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 0.0 dB

Upstream Status

Upstream Channel ID : 0
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 8.0 dBmV
Upstream Symbol Rate : 0 Ksym/sec
Upstream Frequency : 0 Hz
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 0

Operation Configuration

Network Access : Denied
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 0
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragmentation Disabled, PHS Disabled
Maximum Number of CPEs : -1

Cable Modem Status

Procddure Status Comment

Acquire Downstream Channel 210750000 Hz In Progress
Connectivity State In Progress Not Synchronized
Boot State In Progress Unknown
Security Disabled Disabled

Ethernet / In 705 1.182886
Ethernet / Out 678 1.137584

Years ago when it was just digital telly i got an anolouge box from a guy.
It did'nt work!!??
I phoned him to tell him,he said oh you've been unplugged cos i had cancelled my subscription. Gave him my address.
Next day it was working.
Asked him what he did.
He said i opened the green box down the road and plugged you back in???
Have you got any other digital working?

m8 it says it there network access denied :D its not letting u connect ;@) make sure the macs r on a differnt gateway

if macs were on the same gateway it would still work but reset and conflict with he other mac thats the same gateway! have you tested your line, sounds like a signal problem.

Downstream Receive Power Level : 1.4 dBmV
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 8.0 dBmV
(to me this indicates it has got a signal)

no i dont have digital tv or any other thing digital.

i think the problem here is its not able to lock in to a signal
Downstream Lock : Not Locked

also it is scanning and attempting to connect as the Synchronization light flashes on the modem.

Acquire Downstream Channel 210750000 Hz In Progress
Connectivity State In Progress Not Synchronized
Boot State In Progress Unknown
Security Disabled Disabled

The green box is near my house. how would i find out if i connected on it or not ?

just open it theres tags i belive and check if ur connected like if not whack it in m8 id w8 a while till about 1am till people r in bed lol :D uh not sure how to open it m8 use a tool of ur choice dunno what keys they take ***i am no way involved in breaking in ot this box** just to point that out lmao ;)

is your sync light solid?
does rdy ever go solid green?

no solid lights at all mate sync is just about visible ... flashing lightly

so no syn really and no ready lights

could this be a problem with my modem ? im thinking of getting a 120 and trying that ..

any comments appreciated

like the rdy blinks then freezes for a second and goes solid thats how u know if it works m8ty if its just blinking it cant connect to ntl or whatever i think thats right?

bhatti00 said:
no solid lights at all mate sync is just about visible ... flashing lightly
so no syn really and no ready lights
could this be a problem with my modem ? im thinking of getting a 120 and trying that ..
any comments appreciated[/QUOTe

This cant be right, sync is just about visible sounds like a modem fault, id try another power supply then a another modem.

Definately sound like you got no signal do this

Start>Run type cmd and hit enter in new dos window type ipconfig/release and hit enter then type ip config/renw and hit enter if the ip starts 192 then this is a sure fire indicator that you've got no signal the other alternative is tour downstream is incorrect most like;y to be on a 120 if you've got a 100 and live in excw area then forget it as these will only work on pure N*L and TW areas as these are international Docsis standard only where as the 120/200 are dual Docsis standard incorperating both International & Euro Docsis standards. Their is a site somewhere out there some guy who knows the diff Downstream Frequencies for all areas an a load of other usefull stuff like all modem models drivers ect. You can change the Downstream Frequency in the html page.

bigballs said:
Definately sound like you got no signal do this
Start>Run type cmd and hit enter in new dos window type ipconfig/release and hit enter then type ip config/renw and hit enter if the ip starts 192 then this is a sure fire indicator that you've got no signal the other alternative is tour downstream is incorrect most like;y to be on a 120 if you've got a 100 and live in excw area then forget it as these will only work on pure N*L and TW areas as these are international Docsis standard only where as the 120/200 are dual Docsis standard incorperating both International & Euro Docsis standards. Their is a site somewhere out there some guy who knows the diff Downstream Frequencies for all areas an a load of other usefull stuff like all modem models drivers ect. You can change the Downstream Frequency in the html page.

am using an 200 modem with a 120 mac. could this be causing the problem ?
any chance of finding the site with the Downstream Frequencies? thanks

Back