Any cctv installers

dannyboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Any one good with ip cctv camera system
Got a mbox cctv poe camera system
With a adhua ip ptz camera when we plug it in we dont get a picture
The guy that sold me the system said i need to link up to a laptop and conect it to it and ftp in to the dome.and change some settings would anyone know what i had to change as i cant get the guy on the phone
Thanks in advance

You will have to configure it with an IP address for your local network. By default mine was on the 10.0.0.0/8 network.

1. Just connect it you your laptop and then change the ip address of you laptop to the same as the camera. The default network for camera should be in instructions.
  2. Then go to the web GUI of the camera and change it to the local IP network you are using.
  3. change back the laptops IP and connect the camera back up to the network.
If no lights are coming on the camera then you may not have POE enabled or on your network.

if you know the username and password .... super
if not a hard reset.
factory settings:
admin wbox123 192.0.0.64

after reboot, you set the IP for your system.
do not forget:
if the camera is only with the POE, watch which cable is where you plug in.

Are you trying to get picture currently on a laptop? You didn't say where you're plugging it in. Most IP cameras require activeX plugin and permissions in browser to view video. You really don't need to change anything in those Dahua cameras except IP information to match your network as they're not DHCP by default. Aside from that, the only thing you have to change for the obvious reasons is the user name and password (which may prompt you at initial login). If the camera supports P2P then you can use that for remote view setup opposed to having to forward ports to the camera's IP.

If you're testing by plugging direct into an NVR make sure the NVR verify IP address, as stated earlier....Dahua cameras don't come DHCP by default.

By default the Duhua will have an IP of 192.168.1.108 so you'd need to setup a laptop/desktop to be on the same network so that you can connect to it to initialise it and set it up with a valid IP on your network.

Back