Any car cleaning product tips also where to get the stuff from?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,
As you may have spotted from a few car related posts I have got myself some new wheels and for the moment (that's what usually happens anyway) I would like to take a bit of care over the cleaning and polishing.

Can anyone suggest what products are good for this please? And also where to get them (usual suspects being eBay\Amazon???)

Thanks!

Ceramic quick detailers are all the rage now very quick if sometimes quirky to use.

My favourite is Gyon wet coat. Adds deep gloss quickly its a spray on wipe across and rinse off job with water sheeting properties from the gods.
If your after a WAX then Finish kare FK1000 carnuba based.

Both available via Amazon.

Or if you would like to pop in to Halfords The Meguires range is top notch.

Last edited:
Autoglym is a good quality product m8 most valeters use this product.Look on there website or Halfrauds stock it.

Autoglym is a good quality product m8 most valeters use this product.Look on there website or Halfrauds stock it.

Lol @ 'Halfrauds'!!
Has Autoglym improved over the years? I remember using it about 20 years ago & thought it was overpriced for what it was. They did a power of advertising & got a name for themselves but I didn't rate it.

I'm watching this thread as I have just replaced an ageing Tucson with a 3½ year old Outlander which is still gleaming, I'd like to keep it that way.

Lol @ 'Halfrauds'!!
Has Autoglym improved over the years? I remember using it about 20 years ago & thought it was overpriced for what it was. They did a power of advertising & got a name for themselves but I didn't rate it.
Things improve all the time m8. We dont usually have a problem with it. There traffic film remover is quite good for those stubborn road tar stains.I think you get what you pay for really in this day and age

I was saying the same about Autoglym its one of those products that's been around for years. In fairness it probably still does a great job but as we've mentioned above things move of and competitors join the market. If its anything like cleaning the house (if you watch these tip videos) all you need is lemon and white vinegar :)

Ordered myself a bottle of Gyeon Q²M WetCoat so we'll see how it goes.

Ordered myself a bottle of Gyeon Q²M WetCoat so we'll see how it goes.

Good man youll be impressed.

Wash car and leave it wet.
2 squirts a panel of the wet coat and wipe it over the whole surface of that panel then rinse with hose or preferably pressure washer. Just do a panel at a time.

Im a bit of an armature detailer kitted up with a DA and Rotary Polisher. Keep all my family and mates cars looking good for beer tokens and the only thing in the Autoglym range id use on my own car is the UHD ultra wax. They can keep the rest.

Need to get my outside tap up and running as I'm gonna get some of that snow foam and a lance - lets see how long it lasts (me doing it not the solution) :)

Back