Any antique clock collectors?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We have around 30 different types of clocks that we need to sell.

Longcase, mantle, wall, Grandmother, skeleton, even a cuckoo and other things I have never even heard of.

Is anyone on here a collector or knows of a collector that might be interested.

Attached are a few (poor) photos of a selection.

We have around 30 different types of clocks that we need to sell.

Longcase, mantle, wall, Grandmother, skeleton, even a cuckoo and other things I have never even heard of.

Is anyone on here a collector or knows of a collector that might be interested.

Attached are a few (poor) photos of a selection.
i would take a good selection of photos and go to an auction house and get an idea of what you would expect for them this will give u an idea of prices
remember you will only get the wholesale price of the clock but if you have may be one that is rare your price then will go up
going to clock collector he will give as little as he can to u
do you have any names of makers on them and any more details
are they all working and in good condition this all makes or breaks the price

I have contacted a couple of auction houses and have a chap called Richard Price coming over in a couple of weeks to help identify and value them.

He is a consultant for a Woolley & Wallis and works on the BBC Antiques Roadshow!

Quick update....

yesterday had Charles Hanson of Bargain Hunt come around and found a few treasures in the short time he was there. Today had BBC Antiques Roadshow fellow Richard Price, he checked 95% of the clocks and even the old works with no cases and other parts etc.

An old black english works with the wires hanging off and a spring lock caught his eye and is worth between £200-£300 :) We very nearly threw this out last weekend. Also he saw a white marble case, no clock with a gold coloured egyptian sphynx. He values that as £800-£1000 !!

In total I only managed to write down the prices for about 32 of the 70 clocks (but these would probably make up 85% of the total value) and these add up to about £15k.

He also spotted a book by George White called English Lantern Clocks, printed in 1989. The book alone is worth £500 ????

A real eye opener, now we have the hard part of deciding who to get to auction them and how best to use the money that we want to put towards our house move.

Yes, mostly our clocks. There were some other items too, like a stuffed fox and a model ship. lol

Back