Software Anti virus question

windows essentials

This or windows defender if you are Win 10 and antimalwarebytes are all that are needed in my opinion. I was an advocate of AVG many moons ago before it became resource hungry. Essentials and Defender do what they should, protect but the only time you remember they are actually there is when they find a problem.

This or windows defender if you are Win 10 and malwarebytes are all that are needed in my opinion. I was an advocate of AVG many moons ago before it became resource hungry. Essentials and Defender do what they should, protect but the only time you remember they are actually there is when they find a problem.

:goodpost:

As above. Those two are all you need for Win 10. Anything else is superfluous.

I used to use Comodo Antivirus + Firewall (on Windows XP and later Vista), now I have only Windows Defender (on two computers with Windows 10).

Two irritating things:
1. Windows Update notifications almost everyday.
2. Defender may impact speed of files copying,particularly the small ones.

At home I am AV-free, if I'm feeling really paranoid I'll scan something with ClamAV (portable version) and I'll run MalwareBytes and Spybot every so often.

If I'm fixing a computer for someone else I will typically go with Avast, but I need to dig into the options and disable sounds and popups as the voices "virus database has been updated!!" get old real fast.

I've found ESET to be the best, however it's tricky to crack so I only recommend it for paying customers.

Back