Anti virus and spyware software

manutd4life

DW Regular
Reaction score
i have norton 360 on my lappy but want to change to a different one. any suggestions for a good one upto the same or near the same standard as norton and where can i get it?
cheers.

Everyone is going to have their own opinion of what is best. To be honest I have seen norton working fine on one system and crap on another, same with Mcafee and symantec. There just seems so much variance.

My advise is suck it an see. If you don't want to pay then AVG, else I prefer symantec for vista and McAfee for XP.

I've always preffered AVG Anti-Virus and AVG Anti-Spyware, tagged along with Windows Defender and McAfee VirusScan and SpywareScan Enterprise Edition.

I've got the trio installed on computer and laptop, and they seem to do the job. AVG does pick up a lot of spyware, I must say. It must be the sites that I visit!

As oneman said, everyone has their own opinion. As he also said, just have a look at what available, free for starters and if you don't like it you may switch over to the paid option which obviously enables greater options in regards to the VirusScan/Spyware software.

You could also try Antivir which I am using at the moment, it uses very little system resource. Previously I was using Kaspersky, Antivir seems to just as effective.

I have tried almost everything, and the only ones I like are Kaspersky and Nod32. Take your pick.

cheers lads i will try a few of them, have you heard of Bitdeffender internet security? if so do you reccommend?

I just searched Google and found this review site which has a list of 10 anti-virus/anti-spyware softwares on mate. You may want to have a look here.

if your running vista i would say nod32 is best out there at moment

Hi

You wont be dissapointed with nod32. Its not power hungry and does the job.

Back