Anthony Yarde's Dad dies of the Corona virus

I thought the death rate was supposed to be around 2% nice to the UK doing better at 6.3% according to those figures. :(

R.I.P. Mr Yarde. Article seems more interested in his next fight rather than mention his Dads name.

Certain criteria set the figures. If we abide by what were told then less people will die.
For me the likes of Cheltenham and other Sports like Rugby League and last Sundays fiasco were everyone carried on as normal when told not to go out set us back no end.

I'm sure those figures are set "if" strict social distancing takes place. Although lots do there's a minority who ignore it and carry on.
Let's not forget, we still have a large part of our working population still travelling and moving around.

The percentage figure is set by us not the analysts. You cannot put figures on and percentages on something we have never faced before in modern times, its a "play it by ear" virus and hope we do as told

Last edited:
I thought the figure came from amount infected percentage that die. If you stupidly carry on mixing shouldn't affect the death percentage, maybe not enough ventilators might, or maybe we've just had an higher at risk category caught it than other countries. I don't know, but the figure is high.

There's alot of factors that will determine how many infected die from the virus.
Let's say an old folks home get it. The percentage that die will sky rocket compared to say to a football team of young men.
I don't think we can base any death numbers purely on age. A guy of 46 died but a guy of a 108 survived. It's down to the health of the individual. If thier healthy or have known or any unknown health issue's and the speed and kind of treatment each individual recieves.
You stand a far better chance of surviving in the UK than you do say in the favella's of Brazil or a 3rd world African country so death tolls will hugely vary between countries based on the way each country approach it.
One country that will suffer hugely is the US. They are still not practising safe social distancing in alot of places while the virus runs wild. Again, the US are in their bubble not listening.
This was taken at an Amazon hiring event in the US yesterday and they wonder why the virus is running rampant over there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200330-080851_Imgur.jpg
    Screenshot_20200330-080851_Imgur.jpg
    779.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
CMO of the UK yesterday stated that social distancing seems to be working as the infection rate hasn't gone up in 2 days, and the death rate has steadied (not that, that is a good thing!).

If the virus cannot transfer it cannot replicate. It's as simple as that. If we break the chain and wash your hands every few hours even if you are home or not.

British boxer Anthony Yarde has announced his grandmother has died from coronavirus.

She is the second member of his family to die as a result of the pandemic, following his father’s death last Friday.

The 28-year-old appealed to people to “just stay home” as he said his grandmother had died on Thursday.

“My dad and his mother have passed just days apart,” the light-heavyweight fighter wrote on social media.
Anthony Yarde: Second family member dies from coronavirus

I thought the death rate was supposed to be around 2% nice to the UK doing better at 6.3% according to those figures. :(

R.I.P. Mr Yarde. Article seems more interested in his next fight rather than mention his Dads name.

The official figures are very vague. If you look closely at the wording they usually say "died with the coronavirus", not 'of'. What this means is that those who died had the virus but it wasn't necessarily the virus that killed them, though it may have been the last straw.
Looking at the figures on the Worldometer site, Germany's death rate is less than half that of the UK - and the UK's figures are already artificially low (i.e. only deaths that occur in hospital are being counted - not nursing homes etc.). Perhpas the Germans are even more adept at massaging the figures or maybe they are better equipped to deal with it.

The official figures are very vague. If you look closely at the wording they usually say "died with the coronavirus", not 'of'. What this means is that those who died had the virus but it wasn't necessarily the virus that killed them, though it may have been the last straw.
Looking at the figures on the Worldometer site, Germany's death rate is less than half that of the UK - and the UK's figures are already artificially low (i.e. only deaths that occur in hospital are being counted - not nursing homes etc.). Perhpas the Germans are even more adept at massaging the figures or maybe they are better equipped to deal with it.

I think all countries are counting differently and records therefore are all open to speculation, we will only get a true idea on the impact next year when annual mortality rates are presented and you can see a true like for like analysis.

I think all countries are counting differently and records therefore are all open to speculation, we will only get a true idea on the impact next year when annual mortality rates are presented and you can see a true like for like analysis.
Agree 100%. And I honestly think (hope?) there won't be the spike we're supposed to expect.

Back