Another Reason to take care

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
TV swindle ends in jail

AN OLDHAM man is among a trio convicted for defrauding a cable TV firm.
Jackson , of , Holts, helped illegally modify digital TV set-top boxes enabling customers to access subscription channels for free.

Denton man Mark led the swindle and was given a 12-month jail term at Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester on Monday for conspiracy to defraud V Media between 2004 and 2006 and handling stolen goods.

He was also ordered to pay the communications company £23,500.

Jackson admitted trading smart cards he bought off Faulkner, which gave people free access to the channels, and was ordered to undertake 240 hours community service.

Robert in Kent, admitted handling stolen goods and was ordered to undertake 240 hours community service.

Sergeant of Denton Police, said: “This was a successful operation and Greater Manchester Police is pleased to have been able to work with the fraud team at V Media to help them bring this case to court.

“Faulkner was part of a sizeable network and was buying and selling the customised V Media cards all over the world.”

V Media, which supplies TV, broadband, phone and mobile packages to 10million customers, warned it will not tolerate fraud.

Its head of fraud and security, , said: “This sentencing should act as a serious warning to others to steer clear of this type of crime.

“Despite Faulkner pleading guilty, the year-long custodial sentence judged to be appropriate in this case demonstrates the seriousness of this crime and how cases such as this will be dealt with by the courts.

“We want to drive a clear message home to those involved in this fraudulent activity — whether they are suppliers or customers — anyone modifying set-top boxes or receiving their channels in this way is acting illegally and committing a serious offence.

“We will not tolerate this fraud on our network and we will prosecute.

Media will continue to work closely with police forces throughout the UK to prosecute individuals connected with this type of TV fraud.

Last edited:
You get less time for GBH.

It seems that the authorities are extra keen to help big business not lose out on that extra drop of revenue whilst street crime is on the rise. The courts and judicial process are being made a mockery of with these types of sentences. 12 months for white collar crime of this nature is way over the top. Some poor kids dad will go to prison because his dad sold a few dodgy SKY cards.

trouble with these traders is they think theyre invinceable.. There is people in oldham quite plainly selling boxes without hiding the fact.. I know of one guy with a top of the range merc who has private plates ... H3 N*L .. Blacked out windows.. he drives around putting cards back on when they go off. if i can noticed it then so can the police..

its these people who are killing the fun.. and the hack..

trouble with these traders is they think theyre invinceable.. There is people in oldham quite plainly selling boxes without hiding the fact.. I know of one guy with a top of the range merc who has private plates ... H3 N*L .. Blacked out windows.. he drives around putting cards back on when they go off. if i can noticed it then so can the police..

Perhaps they will now you've posted his number plate lol

Curly

That's Richard Brand**son's car

Back