VU+ Duo Another one of my Duos with red light issue...

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Second duo now has red light issue, turned it completely off and will have to pop down to maplins to get another cap.

I hope the Duo2 is built to last lot longer.

Second duo now has red light issue, turned it completely off and will have to pop down to maplins to get another cap.

I hope the Duo2 is built to last lot longer.

Qucik job though, it was bad design though the cap gets dried out from the heat off the hard drive i reckon.

I fixed my first box a good number of months ago but cant find the thread. Unless it was a post in another thread.

This one never had a hdd installed but eventually failed too. Just need to find some time to fix it

Can someone help me find the picture of the motherboard showing which cap to snip of at legs, and which cap I need from maplins. Think it was c807 350uf but cant seem to find the right thread.

Can someone help me find the picture of the motherboard showing which cap to snip of at legs, and which cap I need from maplins. Think it was c807 350uf but cant seem to find the right thread.

From the front look where the right hand corner of the HDD would be

82c245b37d196c00f8c9de602e2a6726.jpg

got one here with a buzzing noise with red light, psu gone, sitting in the upboard out of use currently, not good! had to get the trusty dm500 out

had a red light issue 3 months ago and few reboots fixed it.

last week noticed my duo kept freezing needing reset from the back to get it working. Tried all the latest images and still had issues (original Duo).

Was about to give up and suddenly had the red light issue once again, replaced cap and fixed both issues.

If anyone ever has DUO which keeps freezing and tried everything, try changing the cap.

Thanks

had a red light issue 3 months ago and few reboots fixed it.

last week noticed my duo kept freezing needing reset from the back to get it working. Tried all the latest images and still had issues (original Duo).

Was about to give up and suddenly had the red light issue once again, replaced cap and fixed both issues.

If anyone ever has DUO which keeps freezing and tried everything, try changing the cap.

Thanks

Think the original caps usually last around 3ish years in my experience

The original cap lasted about 2 years for me. Haven't had a chance to fix it yet, hopefully the new one will last!

Back