Another jtag problem

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know this issue has been covered before, I have read all the posts but still haven't found a solution to my problem. My jtag is from jabs, a nice little unit with a couple of leds'.I had to remove the 10 way connector and solder the connections. I have rechecked my solder work and the connections many times but I keep getting error 43, (no cable connection to target device).
When I power the cable box up the red led lights up on the jtag device. I have followed the 6 connections shown in the jtag beginners guide.The jtag device has 7 wires connected, 2 wires connected to ground. I am not sure if this is a clue to the problem. I have the feeling that the jtag is not at fault and that my port isn't being accessed.
I have tried all the different I/O settings in bios and I am running xp, I don't really want to install a different os, as has been suggested in previous posts on this subject Has anyone else used the same jtag and if so, does their red led light up or should it be the green one?.I am trying to use SDT with it.
C'mon lads put an old man out of his misery.

I had a problem with JTaging a Sammy.
I could'nt get it to JTag, I had done a Sammy and 4000 before with all the same hardware and software.
I was very lucky because I was able to get the BK and IRD from the original card and changed the NetID via a fun card.

I know this dosen't really help but the box would'nt JTag.

It could perhaps just be the box causing the problem then? It is doing my head in, it is just sat there laughing at me.I am going to order a t911 anyway but this 4010n has a rom 11 with boc revision so unlikely to be able to read it anyway.This is my 1st attempt as I am a newbie,I never expected it to be easy.I emailed unapit to ask what gender of serial lead I need so I could order it at the same time as the T911 but haven't had an answer yet.
Thanks for your input, I will soldier on

If its from Jabs have you done the mod on the 25 way connector.

tmc

i had a similar problem with jabs jtag to solve it you must solder a wire across pin 8 and 15 on the jtag just undo the screws on the jtag and bridge the connections.Use bke to get your boxkey it never fails.

I had read in an earlier post about bridging pins 8 and 15 but didn't know it applied to the jabs jtag. Great stuff lads will give that a try now. As for bke,I haven't a clue how to use it. I haven't found a tut for it and even if I did, I only seem to get a blank screen when clicking on a download link the last couple of days.

Anyway I will let you know what happens

no good I'm afraid. I tried to upload a couple of pics to show you the bridge, but it failed. A newbie at forums as well. I've got bke v1.9, any tips on how to use it?

Back