Another 28 days of them fooking horns!!

I think you'll probably find it isn't the actual national fans blowing the horns, but it will be the neutrals. The England game last night wasn't as bad for the horns as the other games have been, this probably reflects the fact that a larger number of actual fans would have been at that game.

The horns are irritating and add absolutely nothing to the atmosphere. However they are traditional for South African football so they should be allowed to use them. What they should probably do though is ensure that more tickets are available to the fans (not the neutrals). I believe only 8,000 tickets were available to England fans last night, the rest would have been bought on the black market.

If we're talking extreme's I'd rather too much noise than none whatsoever. Doesn't anybody remember the banning of horns and drums during the T20 WC in the Caribbean? It was one of the most boring tournaments ever.

Anyway the average football fan hardly has the mental capacity to learn the words to any song, I can't help but feel that the oversized horn is appropriate for the tournament.

How do the words to The Great Escape go again :err:

If we're talking extreme's I'd rather too much noise than none whatsoever. Doesn't anybody remember the banning of horns and drums during the T20 WC in the Caribbean? It was one of the most boring tournaments ever.

Anyway the average football fan hardly has the mental capacity to learn the words to any song, I can't help but feel that the oversized horn is appropriate for the tournament.

How do the words to The Great Escape go again :err:

Aren't all cricket matches like that. :err:

:Cheers:

Last edited:
1276435211454.jpg

World Cup 2010: Vuvuzela manufacturers introduce quieter version that will make 20 decibels less noise than original
A compromise may have been reached...
World Cup 2010: Vuvuzela manufacturers introduce quieter version that will make 20 decibels less noise than original - Goal.com

The BBC was investigating the possibility of transmitting an alternative "vuvuzela free" version of its World Cup coverage tonight, as the fierce debate over the buzz of the horn looked set to be heading for football grounds all over Britain.
World Cup 2010: BBC may offer vuvuzela-free matches | Media | The Guardian

looks like they didn't find an alternative..........could still here them

"Vuvuzelas are here to stay and will never be banned," said Rich Mkhondo, a spokesman for the local World Cup organising committee. "People love the vuvuzelas around the world. Only a minority are against vuvuzelas."

The Premier League and the Football League said there was nothing in their rules to stop supporters bringing them to English grounds but the decision would rest with individual clubs.

Yeh but you will have 20 cockney lads wrapping em around your head if you do lol.

Give £2 a month to a hungry African and what do they do? Buy a fucking trumpet.

Does anyone have a .WAV recording of some stadium noise with the "vuvuzela" noise?

Please zip and attach it :).

I want to see how difficult it is to filter it.

I can't see that anti-vuvuzela MP3 for active noise control working that someone is flogging for £2.50.

Got one...

Last edited:
Yep, not so easy.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19041-what-makes-the-sound-of-vuvuzelas-so-annoying.html

"As well as creating sound at a frequency of 235 hertz, the instrument generates harmonics – sound at multiples of the fundamental frequency. We have measured strong harmonics at 470, 700, 940, 1171, 1400 and 1630 hertz."

Here they are from the .WAV file above, when you filter these out there isn't much left.

Back