another 2110c power issue

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi lads,

Brother has one of these boxes, when you turn it on from the wall it takes a while to power up... now i know what your thinking, change the caps. but this is slightly different, his power standby button light flashs red.... for a random amount of time then the box will turn on and boot up as normal.

Now do you think that this is the same caps issue before i go an pull his box apart...?

Just fixed my 2110 from the psu cap fault, mine wouldnt work at all. nothing lol.

cheers

if it aint broke then why fix it ? if its doing your head in waiting for it to come on though then why don't you try your psu in the suspect box. :Fish:

if it aint broke then why fix it ? if its doing your head in waiting for it to come on though then why don't you try your psu in the suspect box. :Fish:

Because If it isnt the PSU I still have the problem !

Get a few more posts under your belt and a better background info on this fault and box before you try and be sarcastic..!

Anyone else with a sensible answer ?

Hold up and down for a couple of secs just as the loader numbers begin to roll release , box will start normal every time. No need to wait for flashing to end

Hold up and down for a couple of secs just as the loader numbers begin to roll release , box will start normal every time. No need to wait for flashing to end

Nope, changed the PSU caps an all sorted now :)

Hi lads,

Brother has one of these boxes, when you turn it on from the wall it takes a while to power up... now i know what your thinking, change the caps. but this is slightly different, his power standby button light flashs red.... for a random amount of time then the box will turn on and boot up as normal.

Now do you think that this is the same caps issue before i go an pull his box apart...?

Just fixed my 2110 from the psu cap fault, mine wouldnt work at all. nothing lol.

cheers

just done this caps repair on mine and still in standby only red power button nothing else ??
is there a way to reset or force an update ???
any help will be much appreciated..

just done this caps repair on mine and still in standby only red power button nothing else ??
is there a way to reset or force an update ???
any help will be much appreciated..

How many caps have you changed mate ?

are they the right uf ? and volts ?

If its stuck in standby dont think a force update will help but can try, unplug from mains and hold down /\ \/ till get ld04 or ld14 i think it is, then let go.... numbers will roll, will say dont turn off etc... leave it be and will update, come up prog on display then turn off an reboot,.

But as i say, yours sounds like power issue. One box I did I had to change power board.

How many caps have you changed mate ?

are they the right uf ? and volts ?

If its stuck in standby dont think a force update will help but can try, unplug from mains and hold down /\ \/ till get ld04 or ld14 i think it is, then let go.... numbers will roll, will say dont turn off etc... leave it be and will update, come up prog on display then turn off an reboot,.

But as i say, yours sounds like power issue. One box I did I had to change power board.

replaced all caps 16v 1000uf.
still in standby no display at all.
tested voltage from psu and all correct ?
any caps on main board to look at as no lan lights or anything working on mainboard ?
cheers

replaced all caps 16v 1000uf.
still in standby no display at all.
tested voltage from psu and all correct ?
any caps on main board to look at as no lan lights or anything working on mainboard ?
cheers

Hmm, when you turn on at switch what does display do ?

Is net id correct, as i vaguely recall that on my one it wouldn't boot up or anything.

Hmm, when you turn on at switch what does display do ?

Is net id correct, as i vaguely recall that on my one it wouldn't boot up or anything.

no lcd display at all.
just the red standby button light thats all thats alive..???

no lcd display at all.
just the red standby button light thats all thats alive..???

Hmm, is there a yellow light on; on the pcb main board ?

If not sounds goosed to me mate

Hmm, is there a yellow light on; on the pcb main board ?

If not sounds goosed to me mate
nope lan lights not on nothing at all just the button light ?
might get the other type power board and see if thats the prob as looking at the psu and mainboard they look like the wrong match ? someone has swopped it i recon.

nope lan lights not on nothing at all just the button light ?
might get the other type power board and see if thats the prob as looking at the psu and mainboard they look like the wrong match ? someone has swopped it i recon.

Could be a possibility mate, although the psu's have a diff pin out on the wires.

have also got the problem here with wen turnin the box on only gettin the red stanby light , nothin appears on display wen plug it in , tried a diff power supply from a freinds box and the power supply is totally diff to mine , wen put it in and switched on did not even get the red standby light

have also got the problem here with wen turnin the box on only gettin the red stanby light , nothin appears on display wen plug it in , tried a diff power supply from a freinds box and the power supply is totally diff to mine , wen put it in and switched on did not even get the red standby light

i just ordered another psu so when it arrives i will see if it fixes it if it does i will compares voltage and such tests on both boards to try and find what else has blown so we can fix this problem if it happens again.

i just ordered another psu so when it arrives i will see if it fixes it if it does i will compares voltage and such tests on both boards to try and find what else has blown so we can fix this problem if it happens again.

Hi

I have a box with same prob stays on standbye and inside when you press power up or press reset button the little green light flashes on board anyway changed an exact same psu from a working box (same caps layout same manufacture of psu etc) and still same, the psu from the non working box powers up the working box fine so a bit stumped as to what the prob is.

Where did you order psu from just wondering if they do a psu for a kryptview.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Back