Annoying phone calls

mfc1991

Inactive User
Reaction score
over the past few days i have been receiving phone calls to my landline,when i pick it up there is nobody there,then when i dial 1471 i get the number 011111.has anybody got any idea what this is.

Probably telesales from call centers. I may be mistaken but they these dialers which dial multiple phones and if you don't pick up within a certain number of ring they move onto the next call. You could call your telephone provider and have these types of calls blocked automatically. Nothing more annoying than running to pick up the phone and finding noone at the other end.

Like curious says, probably some kind of Autodialer checking to see if numbers are live within a certain range. If no-one picks up, the number gets crossed off. If however someone does answer, it probably goes onto a different list and gets sold to the highest bidder for cold calling purposes. Some people will do anything to for a quick buck.

l get lots of them a work if no one replies to u in 2 seconds put the phone down , they wont phone back because there random dialled calls

I think there was a post recently which gave the telephone preference number so I would register with them. Word of caution about 1471 and dialling back. I'm sure there was a scam going on a while back where you end up phoning a premium rate number and get stung for £50ish. If you don'y know the number and it is a bit odd, I would leave well alone.

every single day im guaratneed to get at least 1 of these annoying calls!! eally getting on my nerves now!!!!

Usually the autodialers can find real numbers in the area quicker than the call centre staff can answer them so you usually get a delay.

However: If you're in the market for a new mobile, windows or 3 day european holiday break hang on for a few minutes and I'm sure you'll be attended to as soon as the next operator is available.... :0))

Back