Angry with solicitors

rajaster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Rant room gone and i'm fuming.. i am buying a house and had a bit of a problem as it was ex bankrupt house..

used some solictors in my town and during searches they found it was ex B&B.. then spent 3 months most of the time solicitor spoke to me only once after pestering him loads.. and today has cheak to write me a letter demanding another 150 plus vat because hes had to do more work!! paid him 700 as it is.. well p***ed off.. total waste of space solicitors and soo angry..

has anyone else had any issues like this.. they already have my money for the property and was in final stage of the deal.. so to just turn round and grab my nuts and ask for more money is disgraceful!!.. in right mind to give them a full pasting for this(meaning a rollicking) not physical.. but that could scupper the deal.

Request their complaints procedure failing that send a letter to the SRA

interesting.. anything else i can do.. i will definetly be taking this up further .. not happy with their services.. bang out of order.

will check out the SRA.. thanks bally

Has he said what the work is for?

I know some, well lots of solicitors charge upto £100 an hour and can charge like £50 just for writing a letter.

You should ask for a breakdown of the work he has done.

will do ..theres no mention of what hes done.. beyond that i guess he would be refering to dealing with writing to the council to have them confirm that the planning permission for the B&B status can be removed.. i know they can charge alot but i would never have agreed to use them if they had told me i could incur extra charges for the work and at no point during the stressful two months did he say he wants extra money first.. so to just turn around and say i want extra money now is disgraceful.

will do ..theres no mention of what hes done.. beyond that i guess he would be refering to dealing with writing to the council to have them confirm that the planning permission for the B&B status can be removed.. i know they can charge alot but i would never have agreed to use them if they had told me i could incur extra charges for the work and at no point during the stressful two months did he say he wants extra money first.. so to just turn around and say i want extra money now is disgraceful.

You need to tell him to consult you befre he does any extra chargeable work.

Otherwise they will just assume that you have given them power to get it all sorted and just to get on with the work and whatever is required to do.

Have a word with them in the morning mate, might not be as bad as you think and might take some stress off you. You can always haggle the price, you SHOULD always haggle the price.

yeh will have to i guess... no choice now.... thanks guys feeling abit better.. just hope they pay attention.. also got convencing advise if anyone ever buys a house.. make sure you read what the bad ones are like as mine ticks all the boxes..

Conveyancing - Must Read Consumer Advice!

abit late for me now.. first buy so next time i'll make sure i dont make this mistake again.

Back