ANDY GOLDSTEIN has been axed

Paul-K

Inactive User
Reaction score
And about time...

ANDY GOLDSTEIN has been axed from cult Sky show Soccer AM after just one season.

He’s like the AVRAM GRANT of telly — the fans didn’t like him, he lacked the necessary charm and quickly got his marching orders.

Bosses gave the Man United-supporting Londoner the boot at a secret meeting last week after 41 mornings in the hot seat as host.

And bearing in mind his predecessor TIM LOVEJOY lasted ten years, that has to hurt.

The writing has been on the wall ever since Andy landed his lardy arse on the sofa next to co-host HELEN CHAMBERLAIN in August last year.

As the season progressed and he blundered his way through interviews and made a hash of gags, it seemed more and more like The Helen Chamberlain Show.

Watching him trying to find common ground with RAY WINSTONE was as comfortable as trying to put on a pair of wet jeans.

To rub salt into the wound, Andy’s job has gone to MAX RUSHDEN from bargain shopping channel bid tv.

Max should be feeling confident, following in Andy’s footsteps won’t be too difficult.

If you want to hear Max in action, tune into the late show on TalkSport later this month.

And good luck, Andy. I hear there’s a job at bid tv.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1269597.ece

he was so pish it was unbelieveable

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

He got on my nerves most of the time, but I have seen worse presenters. The writing on the show is totally crap, all that so called comedy sh1te they have during the soccerette part is embarrassing.

if i was top guy at soccer am i would have bitten the bullet and tryed to get lovejoy back , never been the same since he left and what a double act him and helen chamberlain were .

The shows been going downhill since 2002 anyway. I say cut it down to a couple of hours and get rid of the crap time fillers.

Goldstein was a dick. Never suited to the programme, he couldnt even present cricket am. Total dickhead.

Never liked Andy "speaker-heed" Goldstein with his joanthan Woss rrr's

Lovejoy kinda knew the show had run its course and decide to leave and try something new.

it good to see him trying to cook on sunday mornings lol

It's a shite show these days, but what else could Chamberpot do...? She'd have join the Setanta crew and cover the BSP and her "beloved" Torqueer Utd, not sure even she could handle that...! ;)

Am I the only guy that NEVER seen this show?

Cant believe you never seen it witchy. As for Helen, she can come and sit on my sofa. I got plenty of room. lol.

Back