android tv box

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys after playing xbmc on pc,over the last few days im toying with the idea
of getting a media streamer for the bedroom then i might another one for d/stairs
ive seen a android tv box advertised,im tempted to get it,is it worth getting
and putting xbmc on it?? or get a pi or cyclone

whats your thoughts

this 1 is cheap, full web browser and will take an install of xbmc, 1 should be here tues, or weds so will have a play then and let you HAVE A LOOK HERE

this 1 is cheap, full web browser and will take an install of xbmc, 1 should be here tues, or weds so will have a play then and let you HAVE A LOOK HERE
@biffo1 thats summat like whats advertised locally,but reading about it,it says (Note: Does not support iPlayer and ITV Player apps but these can be used via respective websites) so this has put me off slightly,i have thought about a raspberry pi starter kit,also looking at the now tv thread,the now tv box must be connected to a pc runnin 24/7 ??
how would it connect to the pc via lan i presume

Last edited by a moderator:
If wanting to run xbmc on any android device your best bet is to go look on the xbmc android forum for what works best m8,

There is a lot of android tv boxes advertised but not all are good enough to run it properly

i now have had a play with the Andriod box as per my link, the box is great for less than 40 quid, ive installed xbmc on it no worries and its very responsive,Ive run navi-x and it was as quick as my apple tv, the live streaming app downloaded for the sporting streams works very well , the box was running on wifi the whole time , and it never glitched once , so for a cheap streamer that supports xbmc and has a full internet browser you cant go wrong, it has an extended memory slot also 2 usb`s slots which m&K run well also

i now have had a play with the Andriod box as per my link, the box is great for less than 40 quid, ive installed xbmc on it no worries and its very responsive,Ive run navi-x and it was as quick as my apple tv, the live streaming app downloaded for the sporting streams works very well , the box was running on wifi the whole time , and it never glitched once , so for a cheap streamer that supports xbmc and has a full internet browser you cant go wrong, it has an extended memory slot also 2 usb`s slots which m&K run well also

Whats it like at HD streaming m8 on wifi?

@wiz569 , I never tried it streaming from a pc , but I played a hd movie from navi-x and also watching streaming sports hd and it was good mate ,

whats streaming sports hd biffo ? if there some streams for football on there in hd ?

@wiz569 , I never tried it streaming from a pc , but I played a hd movie from navi-x and also watching streaming sports hd and it was good mate ,

Cheers m8 :)

Back