Android to Android phone copier recommendations

Arthur Daley

DW Regular
Reaction score
I'm trying to copy/clone the contents of my old phone (HTC) to my new phone (Huawei) but not having much luck, apart from contacts.

Can anyone recommend a good app or PC/Mac program that can do more, such as photos, call logs, videos, messages, etc..

Thanks in advance ;)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

that does SMS and call logs etc. thats what i use.

videos and pics i use to use cloud storage. download es file explorer and copy everything to cloud storage you have. note: you get 15GB free with gmail

you could also save everything to a SD card and move the SD card into the new phone thats what i do now as its the easiest thing to do but it only works if both phones support mircoSD cards. when i first get a phone i default everything to save to SD card and it makes moving devices a snap. other than installing apps.

another option is save everything to your PC/MAC via drag and drop when phone is connected.

you could also do this with es file explorer and a usb connected via OTG. for this to work both phones need to support OTG

Most phones have a back-up/transfer app/tool just look in the app section or in settings
using gmail etc

Try this as i think i used on my old HTC phone to my new UlePhone>> Cover art HTC Transfer Tool

from my experience the last time i used one years ago these back-up/transfer app/tools they are proprietary. e.g they only work htc > htc, sammy > sammy

is this still the case with these apps?

look for a app called phone clone on play store it needs to be installed on both phones
should have look up

from my experience the last time i used one years ago these back-up/transfer app/tools they are proprietary. e.g they only work htc > htc, sammy > sammy

is this still the case with these apps?

I use the htc transfer tool a couple of days ago. A moto g something or other to a htc one. It worked flawlessly. I'd say you're correct in saying that it only works to the htc rather to any phone.

I'm no expert but i do think this is by hewaii?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hicloud.android.clone&hl=en_GB but i have no way to test it.

used phone clone a few weeks ago and took the lot over apart from my whatsapp messages so do a whatsapp back up
before you confirm new phone

used phone clone a few weeks ago and took the lot over apart from my whatsapp messages so do a whatsapp back up
before you confirm new phone
Going to try this. I just swapped from a sick Galaxy S6 to a better one. Samsung SmartSwitch copied all the content (I think) but not all the app's and the homescreen is still default Samsung.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I finally got it sorted but by using several different methods. The Phone Clone kept failing to copy certain things over, but sms backup and restore worked well, albeit with limited functions. Anyway, thanks for the info ;)

Yes, that's what I found with every solution I tried, even Samsung's own Smart Switch. Most data (including recent calls) copied OK but only certain app's and very few settings.

Back