Android media player.

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a media player of some sort for a while now, and I've just spotted an Android one HERE, and am wondering if anybody has used one of these, an know if they are any good. Or has anybody used the Sumvision Cyclone Android x2.

Last edited:
I use the sumvision x2 great bit of kit xbmc runs great

Thanks for the @coley65, what do you think of the spec of the one I've shown above? And how does the allwinner a20 cpu compared to the ARM CORTEX A9 cpu? Any idea thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The allwinner chips are not a good option for xbmc due to their being no hardware support for the graphics chip if you head over to xbmc.org or xbmchub there is loads of interesting stuff which will help you decide. there is a really good thread over on hot deals on the x2 defo give it a read

I have just started to use this box as a pc as I only got it to run xbmc but i love a good tinker also there is an app for sopcast happy days
i love this box
hope it helps

Thanks again @coley65, very useful info, I'll give it a miss then and consider the cyclone, seems a good little box for £59.

@oneman it is one of the options I've been looking at, someone I know uses one, and says they are great.
android is the thing that tempts me though.

I do not have a PI the pi can run linux but the pi is meant to be so slow the x2 is a dual core chip and is fast the dual core

I do not have a PI the pi can run linux but the pi is meant to be so slow the x2 is a dual core chip and is fast the dual core

Here is a video of it from boot to XBMC to playing a 1080p MKV off the network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J40BhzdTeMY

My big issue with the cheap android devices is the lack of ethernet port. Just don't trust wifi for streaming a 10GB movie file.

The wifi on the x2 is superb everything struggles in my house except the x 2 1080p no probs. But I fully understand your concern with out wifi these android box fail big time

Back