An xcell/xbr favour.

mozr

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guysh.

Ive jtagged my box, and successfully dumped the nand three times (all the same, have got a hackable CB version, no bad blocks).

I am following various tuts, and have gone looking on xbins for xell to read my CPU key, then XBreboot for the running of unsigned code.

I have got an old xenon board.

I am unsure which bins to use for both these tasks.

I log in and go to 360\development\free60\ where I find xenon_1921_hack-20090911.rar <-- is that the version of xell I need?

Also, is 360\development\XBReboot\XBR_Xenon_8955_3.zip the version of XBR I need?

The reason I ask is that I am running the 7.0.3.1 dash, not the 8955. I just want reassurance because I am a massive pussy.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I got excited and could not wait.

I'm flashing xbr.bin now!

Fingers crossed.

What is xellous for?

Do I need it?

let me know how you get on mate ...

Done it!

Dash now showing 8955!

I am going to rip the wires out now (too long and messy to leave inside), apart from the 3 jtag bit.

Can I install xellous if I need too via usb/disc/ftp?

What is xellous? Why do I need it?

I'll answer my own question.

xbins/xbox 360/development/xellous/xellous_v1.0

Download that. In the rar file extract "xell-2f.bin" and rename it "updslot0". Put that file on a usb flash drive and plug it into your xbox 360. Turn on your console with the eject button to boot Xell (blue screen) and it will update it to Xellous. It might take a couple minutes so be patient. When its done, power your console off with the power button, and then unplug the power cable for 2 minutes. Then plug it back in and boot your console with the eject button. You should now have Xellous! (still a blue screen and based off of Xell)

XEXmenu next! :)

Why did you choose xbr (8995) and nor freeboot (9119)?

Jama

Because You were not here to tell me!

Have I just fucked up?

That link does not work at the mo.

But the easiest way to update is to generate a freeboot image from a nand dump and cpu key with freeboot maker (pm if you want it) and then flash it with flash360 by putting it on a memory stick.
no wires needed and takes about 10 mins in whole.

Jama

Is this the tut DJ?

Install FreeBoot 0.032-by halolordkiller3/jfrankmod

1: Have your Orignal Nand and get the cpu key
2: Open freeBOOT Toolbox Maker v2
3: enter your cpu key and select your motherboard type
4: Hite Genertate freeBOOT and select your nand
5: after its finished rename the freeboot.bin file to updflash.bin
6: copy nand.bin/updflash.bin/Flash360.xex/Media to a flash drive
7: turn on jtag and plug in your flash drive
8: go to games and then xexmenu
9: press rb and click on Flash360.xex
10: press A on your controller and then Press B then press A again
11: When finished turn off jtag and wait 2mins then turn back on
12: you now have kernel 2.0.9199.0

ENJOY!

i would use freeboot toolbox maker v2.4
then flash360 to update nand

That is the way to do it mate.

Should be a piece of cake ;)

Jama

Just to clarify before I pull the trigger. Please answer the questions in red.

Install FreeBoot 0.032-by halolordkiller3/jfrankmod

1: Have your Orignal Nand and get the cpu key

2: Open freeBOOT Toolbox Maker v2

3: enter your cpu key and select your motherboard type

4: Hit Generate freeBOOT and select your nand

I take it this means select my original nand?

5: after its finished rename the freeboot.bin file to updflash.bin

6: copy nand.bin/updflash.bin/Flash360.xex/Media to a flash drive

I take it the first one means select my original nand again?

7: turn on jtag and plug in your flash drive

8: go to games and then xexmenu

9: press rb and click on Flash360.xex

10: press A on your controller and then Press B then press A again

11: When finished turn off jtag and wait 2mins then turn back on

12: you now have kernel 2.0.9199.0

ENJOY!

Also. Should I install xellous before, after, or not bother?

Cheers.

Your 1st point does mean the original nand.

as for the second point I only ever bother copying updflash.bin (you new freeboot nand) as the original is no longer needed.
But copy both it will do no harm.

Jama

So I can ignore xellous for now?

Also, I forgot to take that bastard resistor off before I put it back together (I was excited).

If we can keep updating the dash with freeboot, and be careful not to let family members update the dash via MS system update (disc or live) we should be ok?

Or should I stop being lazy and flick the resistor off?

If i was you i would get the resistor off as soon as possible to stop misshaps happening!! I did one for a friend and then remembered i hadnt taken it off and before i could get it back he had connected to live and took a update and that was it no more jtag!

Its easy enough to get it off just make sure you dont bridge it while your taking it off lol 9199 dash is alot better on freeboot than xbr as you can use a usb as storage and transfering profiles from one console to another makes it easy for me as i have 2 consoles one for live and one for live and all i do is keep the profile on the usb and transfer between the 2. Also makes it alot easier when your transfering stuff from arcade that you have downloaded and then convert it to the full game on the jtagged one lol

You will probably have xell and not xellous (they are different things) if you power on by pressing and holding the eject till the dvd pops out you should have a blue screen. If so you have xell as most freeboot images have it built in.

Also I do recommend preventing updates, however there is a better way rather than remove the resistor bypass it by shorting it to ground, http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=861134.html

Jama

Thanks guys.

Yes I know. I am being lazy. i will take it apart today and solder bridge them two points. Better safe than sorry.

I have freeboot 9199 on now, and freestyle dash with cover art. Need to bang on a few emulators and stuff now.

Waiting for that media player now :)

Back