An Odd Request

Erbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm doing some studying on Adolf Hitler and want somthing that gives a true depiction of the person and character of him

wether it be a film about him or a documentry on him, just need some info to give me a better idea on what to write

Basically whats the best programme that will give me a good insight on this person

I'm doing some studying on Adolf Hitler and want somthing that gives a true depiction of the person and character of him

wether it be a film about him or a documentry on him, just need some info to give me a better idea on what to write

Basically whats the best programme that will give me a good insight on this person

i think it was called Hoffner something like that my old man has it on VHS it was all about him

ill ask him the real name tomorrow mate then i see him

you could always read 'mein kampf' it was written by him so should give an insight into his thoughts, I haven't read it myself though so cannot say for sure it will help.

At least one of the channels between 212 and 234 on Vermin Media cable will be showing some documentary on him at any one time.

watch downfall also, its a very good film made about him in the final days.

Its quite controvertial in the fact it is written and directed by a German, as well as starring German actors.

below is a clip of downfall with a bit of a twist. Being an Owl fan i just love it.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8nh7gm4jj6c[/ame]

Make sure you cover the main points.

1. His Childhood (love of sister, distanced from a brutal father)

2. Failed Artist (rejected by Vienna Academy of Fine Arts)

3. Family had some military tradition, and he joined, fought heroically in WWI which solidified his nationalism.

4. The shame of the country post WWI because of the crippling reparations to France.

5. His rise to power during the Weimar republic (the beginning of the third Reich).

7. He studied Anti-semitism from a young age, and obviously never left him.

8. His wish for a new Aryan-Dravidian era of dominance influenced him in a big way. He used/twisted philosophy/ancient Lore to justify the expansion of the Reich (Lebensraum).

To be honest it is hard to recommend anything. There is just so much written about him.

For an analysis of his personality you might try [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roots-Nazi-Psychology-Hitlers-Barbarism/dp/0813190460"]this[/ame]

I must confess I haven't read it, but might be right up your alley.

[EDIT: woo hoo 300 posts. I've got a gold star. I'm Speshul!)

Last edited:
According to Eddie Izard he was also a vegetarian? I DOn't see that covered yet in here.

MM

apparently he also had a Barmitzma (spelling!)...which would be ironic!

Back