Amiko Alien 2 box glitching on V Media

Neilus77

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have had an Amiko Alien 2 box and currently it’s running of Vi**in Media, had loads of issues with channels freezing and glitching, box been back to the chap who set it up and box is fine, I am running it from my Vi**in box on the wall and splitting off to Vi**in Broadband hub and Amiko box. I have had a play with the cables and moved the main broadband isolator cable that comes from the wall and went in to a splitter then off to the Amiko box and router, I have replaced that cable with a standard cable to a splitter then isolator cable to router and plain cable to the Amiko box, this seems to have worked but it might just be the box is having a good day. Has anyone else had glitching and freezing issues with these boxes and how did you resolve them, it’s driving me mad. My channel strength seems very low on some channels especially HD, I don’t know how to increase this, or even check I have the correct area settings for channels. It’s driving me mad as I paid about £170 for this box and I can’t watch it properly, can anyone help me please. Thanks.

Hi mate i had 2 of them and the tuners on them were never the best on cable side . prone to rust for some reason , i ended up using usb tuners on them , and getting rid of them quick lol

Mick

Back