Ambit fix? not shure.

mole

Inactive User
Reaction score
Over the last week i have been oing some tests with cloned modems.
i have 4 Ambit 200's one i changed the mac on and nothing else, after a few days, had the update then the modem got killed, with the next three modems i put a 120MAC on and done the "Max-dload-tries 0" command and these modems are still running fine with no updates, what do you think? is this a temp fix? try it and tell me what happens with your ones! :)

how do you change the address? mine won't let me write in hyperterminal.

also how do you do the 'max download' thing?

cheers

Goto http://192.168.100.1 user: root pass: root and make sure the modem has not been updated yet, if not then go into hyperterminal and type "max_dload_tries 0" if the modem has been updated then you will have to reflash the amtel chips

I have a willem programmer with tsop adaptor but unable to locate flash files to re-prog tsop's can anybody help please ?

mole said:
Over the last week i have been oing some tests with cloned modems.
i have 4 Ambit 200's one i changed the mac on and nothing else, after a few days, had the update then the modem got killed, with the next three modems i put a 120MAC on and done the "Max-dload-tries 0" command and these modems are still running fine with no updates, what do you think? is this a temp fix? try it and tell me what happens with your ones! :)

i can confirm mate my 2 ambits 200 are still on with out the update using the command must be a temp fix hope so cheers

thanks bones24, that is confirmed then, this is a fix for a while, lets hope it stays that way! :p:)

don't hold yr breath they are killing everything at the mo

Cheers

yeah i know, it sucks, ill leave these 3 modems on over the next few days and see what happens.

thats what i have done from the start with my 200's and they r ok apart from going off line every 30 mins or so, also the ds light flashs when left a while, also have to change the mac every day for some strang reason. any1 else got this problem?

Last edited:
L33tpL4y4 said:
thats what i have done from the start with my 200's and they ok apart from going off line every 30 mins or so, also the ds light flashs when left a while, also have to change the mac every day for some strang reason. any1 else got this problem?

i did my mates ambit 200 and his does that i think its the macs as i used a ntl 120 for his and a moto for mine and mine never goes off his does what yours does i will let you know i am going to chnage his again

bones24 said:
i did my mates ambit 200 and his does that i think its the macs as i used a ntl 120 for his and a moto for mine and mine never goes off his does what yours does i will let you know i am going to chnage his again

Ok m8 cheers, i havnt got a moto mac or id of tried it.

L33tpL4y4 said:
Ok m8 cheers, i havnt got a moto mac or id of tried it.

just thought off some thing try using a light mac and see if that works cos i put my sister on that lol and just spoke to her and said it s working fine

bones24 said:
just thought off some thing try using a light mac and see if that works cos i put my sister on that lol and just spoke to her and said it s working fine

Ok cheers i will do, that should test it out. Its ok if its not for yourself lol she wont nottice. lol

Back