Ambit fix? not shure.

mole

Inactive User
Reaction score
Over the last week i have been oing some tests with cloned modems.
i have 4 Ambit 200's one i changed the mac on and nothing else, after a few days, had the update then the modem got killed, with the next three modems i put a 120MAC on and done the "Max-dload-tries 0" command and these modems are still running fine with no updates, what do you think? is this a temp fix? try it and tell me what happens with your ones! :)

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
how do you change the address? mine won't let me write in hyperterminal.

also how do you do the 'max download' thing?

cheers

mole

Inactive User
Reaction score
Goto http://192.168.100.1 user: root pass: root and make sure the modem has not been updated yet, if not then go into hyperterminal and type "max_dload_tries 0" if the modem has been updated then you will have to reflash the amtel chips

fred141291

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a willem programmer with tsop adaptor but unable to locate flash files to re-prog tsop's can anybody help please ?

bones24

Inactive User
Reaction score
mole said:
Over the last week i have been oing some tests with cloned modems.
i have 4 Ambit 200's one i changed the mac on and nothing else, after a few days, had the update then the modem got killed, with the next three modems i put a 120MAC on and done the "Max-dload-tries 0" command and these modems are still running fine with no updates, what do you think? is this a temp fix? try it and tell me what happens with your ones! :)

i can confirm mate my 2 ambits 200 are still on with out the update using the command must be a temp fix hope so cheers

mole

Inactive User
Reaction score
thanks bones24, that is confirmed then, this is a fix for a while, lets hope it stays that way! :p:)

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
don't hold yr breath they are killing everything at the mo

Cheers

mole

Inactive User
Reaction score
yeah i know, it sucks, ill leave these 3 modems on over the next few days and see what happens.

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
thats what i have done from the start with my 200's and they r ok apart from going off line every 30 mins or so, also the ds light flashs when left a while, also have to change the mac every day for some strang reason. any1 else got this problem?

Last edited:

bones24

Inactive User
Reaction score
L33tpL4y4 said:
thats what i have done from the start with my 200's and they ok apart from going off line every 30 mins or so, also the ds light flashs when left a while, also have to change the mac every day for some strang reason. any1 else got this problem?

i did my mates ambit 200 and his does that i think its the macs as i used a ntl 120 for his and a moto for mine and mine never goes off his does what yours does i will let you know i am going to chnage his again

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
bones24 said:
i did my mates ambit 200 and his does that i think its the macs as i used a ntl 120 for his and a moto for mine and mine never goes off his does what yours does i will let you know i am going to chnage his again

Ok m8 cheers, i havnt got a moto mac or id of tried it.

bones24

Inactive User
Reaction score
L33tpL4y4 said:
Ok m8 cheers, i havnt got a moto mac or id of tried it.

just thought off some thing try using a light mac and see if that works cos i put my sister on that lol and just spoke to her and said it s working fine

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
bones24 said:
just thought off some thing try using a light mac and see if that works cos i put my sister on that lol and just spoke to her and said it s working fine

Ok cheers i will do, that should test it out. Its ok if its not for yourself lol she wont nottice. lol

TEST