Ambit 200

srooth

Inactive User
Reaction score
have purchased a AMIBIT 200 in pre update state. Have connected the MAX233 and then opened up hyperterminal. When letting it run for about 30 secs i don't get the CM prompt.

It just goes through a frequency List and loops around and around I dont get a chance to put in the anti update command.

Can anyone help as i have not seen this before.

The NTL logo is not on the firmware.

Yeah just copy and paste the whole thing in the window as it's running.
By the way if your tut has any commands with capital letters it wont recognise the commands.
Spent half the day moaning why it did'nt work,
and someone had told me already that it would'nt work with capital letters!!??
Also to make it easyer i typed out all the commands in note pad.
The mac address and write and copy and pasted.
I got three ambits flashing away now.
Might have another one tomorrow!!!!!!

So when it is running i have used the the past to host option in the hyperterminal window - copied this

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset

how do you know if it has done as it just starts off from the start again. You mentioned the MAC address when do you put this in.

If poosible could you give me a step by step on how to clone this as the 200 tut.doc in the download section is a bit far out.

could someone help - worked through the OMBIT 200 tut in the download section - have run the update fix and then run the MAC command in the CM line. Connection Feed has been put on (Live)

IP onto the AMBIT200 and the MAC has changed. No NTL LOGO on.

Connected this to a USB and i can not seen to connect to the internet???

Any suggestions , I went onto the NTHell website and download the drivers.

srooth said:
could someone help - worked through the OMBIT 200 tut in the download section - have run the update fix and then run the MAC command in the CM line. Connection Feed has been put on (Live)
IP onto the AMBIT200 and the MAC has changed. No NTL LOGO on.
Connected this to a USB and i can not seen to connect to the internet???
Any suggestions , I went onto the NTHell website and download the drivers.

Have you tried the enet cable?

Does this make a difference????? its picking up a IP Address with a USB Connection

srooth said:
Does this make a difference????? its picking up a IP Address with a USB Connection

I say this as ambits like the enet port better, trust me, u have to rule it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also how far is the MAC from u r using????

I don't know? as someone on this site gave me them. i have tried to contact him to find the where abouts he is, but has not responded.

Have got people 7 miles away to do a scan, will also try this as well.

srooth said:
I don't know? as someone on this site gave me them. i have tried to contact him to find the where abouts he is, but has not responded.
Have got people 7 miles away to do a scan, will also try this as well.

That could be the problem, ull need macs to play around with, this is what its all about m8. good luck

Thanks for all you help its was my ethernet port @ 100 full duplex, not 10 full duplex. Simple IT mistake its was down to configuring the d-box and not setting it back:Cheers: :Cheers:

srooth said:
Thanks for all you help its was my ethernet port @ 100 full duplex, not 10 full duplex. Simple IT mistake its was down to configuring the d-box and not setting it back:Cheers: :Cheers:

There you go now, least you will know next time. No problem m8

Back