Ambit 200 question...

demonx

Inactive User
Reaction score
Do they have the same problems with the disable P option as the 250? Also are the modems made by AOL ok to use?

Thanks.

Do they have the same problems with the disable P option as the 250? Also are the modems made by AOL ok to use?

Thanks.
yea they do take updates so u will need blackcat on it if its has been updated... also most aol are btc tsop chip which dont support sigma f/w u can only use orignal f/w, so check the tsop chip 1st before flashing sigma on

Ah, forget that then. How about the moto 4100/4200, same problems?
I need something that I don't need to solder, and I have a max232 so dunno if that helps.

Hi Guy's, You can Flash a A200 with a max232 m8 very easy as Gentlex said m8 check the chip for ABTC, BBTC for Sigma & BTC must use original FW plus no need to solder anything unless you allow it to take the update then you will need to solder the jtag lead/header on the board but... you can protect it a little by setting the max download tries to 0 & user/pass etc..

SB 4200 can be done with a solderless header & jtag that can be made up very cheap and easy the solderless header pops into the holes you can find them on fleebay m8 cheap as chips & you can use your max232 with it also to alter some of the settings and flash it. ;)

So I would need to make sure I get one that did not take the "Disable" update? When did the update occur? Hmm... Is this the same case with the Webstars too?

Got a EPC2100 since hatchet claims it wont take the update from the TW Area... And its like the Ambit 250
Also i made a deal if it wont work I get his modem lol

DeMoN says:
It better not have taken the update or ill be annoyed at you
Hatchet says:
it wont have
Hatchet says:
but if it has i'll give you my webstar, deal?
DeMoN says:
k fine lol

Edit : Hes now offline on msn but viewing this thread? Lol stop takin the piss :p

Last edited:
So I would need to make sure I get one that did not take the "Disable" update? When did the update occur? Hmm... Is this the same case with the Webstars too?

Even if you did get a A200 thats taken the update you can soon sort that out with the jtag lead and blackcat m8. ;)

I belive if you use the 250s or 255s in TW area they dont take the update as they are not the supplied modems for that area not sure if webstars are the same way Gentlex would be the best to confirm that when he has time to read the thread & posts i guess. ;)

Back