ambit 200 pin 11 alternative solder point needed

trippy

Banned
Reaction score
picked up an ambit 200 that someone had been trying to do the no-update mod to but all they succeeded in doing was snapping off pin 11 and removing the pad for pin 11.
managed to scrape back the chip and solder wire to pin 11 but need alternative solder point on th board to attatch the wire to.
Any help greatly appreciated.

trippy said:
picked up an ambit 200 that someone had been trying to do the no-update mod to but all they succeeded in doing was snapping off pin 11 and removing the pad for pin 11.
managed to scrape back the chip and solder wire to pin 11 but need alternative solder point on th board to attatch the wire to.
Any help greatly appreciated.

You dont do that mod to the 200, that was ment for the 120 100, do a search for no update 200 ect, its a commamd u enter and also using a 100 120 mac will stop the new firmware update as they use different software so it reflects it.

yes i know that, as i said in my post I picked up a modem that someone had tried modding via pin 11 and has ****ed it up so to repair it i am looking for an alternative solder point on the board to connect pin 11 as the pad is missing.

L33tpL4y4 said:
You dont do that mod to the 200, that was ment for the 120 100, do a search for no update 200 ect, its a commamd u enter and also using a 100 120 mac will stop the new firmware update as they use different software so it reflects it.

so wil this work if u put a 200 on a 120 then

can you not just trace back on the board from where pin 11 lives? then connect to that b4 it hits a resistor or transistor?
regards dave

the pad is gone m8 and dont really want to pull the atmel off

you have eney luck yet m8 if not im sure i have an old 200 about i could rip the atty off but first try a volt meter set on continuity sure you could find it that way

pil196 said:
you have eney luck yet m8 if not im sure i have an old 200 about i could rip the atty off but first try a volt meter set on continuity sure you could find it that way

still after it mate, i cant trace with multi meter as the pad is gone, pin 11 was also missing but i managed to scrape back casing to get solder point

A picture speak a thousand words......

This is just a suggestion, but maybe if you post a clear picture of the modem in it's current state someone may be able to point out an alternative solder point for you to complete the track.

Good luck

:xmas:

Give me a while m8 and i'll open mine up and trace pin 11 for u if you still need it .

Here ya go m8 hope these help. sorry took so long damn modem went down.

Last edited:
Back