ambit 200 pin 11 alternative solder point needed

Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
731
Likes
1
#1
picked up an ambit 200 that someone had been trying to do the no-update mod to but all they succeeded in doing was snapping off pin 11 and removing the pad for pin 11.
managed to scrape back the chip and solder wire to pin 11 but need alternative solder point on th board to attatch the wire to.
Any help greatly appreciated.
 

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
1,097
Likes
1
#2
trippy said:
picked up an ambit 200 that someone had been trying to do the no-update mod to but all they succeeded in doing was snapping off pin 11 and removing the pad for pin 11.
managed to scrape back the chip and solder wire to pin 11 but need alternative solder point on th board to attatch the wire to.
Any help greatly appreciated.


You dont do that mod to the 200, that was ment for the 120 100, do a search for no update 200 ect, its a commamd u enter and also using a 100 120 mac will stop the new firmware update as they use different software so it reflects it.
 
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
731
Likes
1
#3
yes i know that, as i said in my post I picked up a modem that someone had tried modding via pin 11 and has ****ed it up so to repair it i am looking for an alternative solder point on the board to connect pin 11 as the pad is missing.
 
S

sting123

Guest
#4
L33tpL4y4 said:
You dont do that mod to the 200, that was ment for the 120 100, do a search for no update 200 ect, its a commamd u enter and also using a 100 120 mac will stop the new firmware update as they use different software so it reflects it.

so wil this work if u put a 200 on a 120 then
 

phlem2005

Inactive User
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
15
Likes
0
#5
can you not just trace back on the board from where pin 11 lives? then connect to that b4 it hits a resistor or transistor?
regards dave
 

pil196

DW Member ++
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
1,780
Likes
8
#7
you have eney luck yet m8 if not im sure i have an old 200 about i could rip the atty off but first try a volt meter set on continuity sure you could find it that way
 
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
731
Likes
1
#8
pil196 said:
you have eney luck yet m8 if not im sure i have an old 200 about i could rip the atty off but first try a volt meter set on continuity sure you could find it that way
still after it mate, i cant trace with multi meter as the pad is gone, pin 11 was also missing but i managed to scrape back casing to get solder point
 

Wanyib

Inactive User
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
497
Likes
2
#9
A picture speak a thousand words......

This is just a suggestion, but maybe if you post a clear picture of the modem in it's current state someone may be able to point out an alternative solder point for you to complete the track.

Good luck

:xmas:
 
TEST
Top