Ambit 200 on 10mb

vintyd

Inactive User
Reaction score
Rite followed the tut and got the first modem I done back to the pre update firmware :) Thx for that btw............

Rite got a 10mb mac on and seems to be workin fine ill keep u updated and see how long it lasts :)

vintyd said:
Rite followed the tut and got the first modem I done back to the pre update firmware :) Thx for that btw............

Rite got a 10mb mac on and seems to be workin fine ill keep u updated and see how long it lasts :)

yea let us know mate, mines all seem to get kicked off after so long, best ive hads about 12 hours.

I dunno if iam using the best "max dload fix", mines looks like this >

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset

But i hear there is a different better one, is there ???

p.s
even my 2mb clone is getting booted sometimes too although not near as bad as 10mb.

Rite ok, woke up this mornin and the ds light was flashing!!!! Unpluged the power lead and pluged it back in, modem rebooted and worked fine again. Im sure it will be booted off again soon, can anyone explain what is happening???

Thomson/
have you tried any lite macs to see if they get kicked off?
I got a mate who's go no subbed modem.
he'd be happy with anything,but if it still needs messing with he'll have a nervous break down.
Surfboard baby!!
they are bullet proof.
But it takes you for ever to get the hang of them!!

name750 said:
Thomson/
have you tried any lite macs to see if they get kicked off?
I got a mate who's go no subbed modem.
he'd be happy with anything,but if it still needs messing with he'll have a nervous break down.
Surfboard baby!!
they are bullet proof.
But it takes you for ever to get the hang of them!!

It will still get kicked off if using a light, it knows when there’s a clone on and this is why the ds light flashes, it seems to be ip related, your best to get a 200 Mac change the config name file and let it take the new firmware, doesn’t seen to go off this way. Also these problems are to do with having the old firmware, soon this old firmware will not be able to even connect.

Rite ok, so wat is the best way to get 200 macs?? Is there anyway off searchin like dhcpfoce finds the others, also when you say rename the config wat do you mean? Sorry to be a pain :(

vintyd said:
Rite ok, so wat is the best way to get 200 macs?? Is there anyway off searchin like dhcpfoce finds the others, also when you say rename the config wat do you mean? Sorry to be a pain :(
yea L33, please tell us, ive never even seen a "200" mac let alone find one and even if we did get 200 macs, how do we change the config file name like vinty asked also ?? :Cheers:

thomson said:
yea L33, please tell us, ive never even seen a "200" mac let alone find one and even if we did get 200 macs, how do we change the config file name like vinty asked also ?? :Cheers:

To be honest there is no possible way of finding 200 macs dhcpforce is not smart enought at the min as they are invisible like the 250's, i just use a m8s, but where theres a way theres a mean. :Chainsaw:

I'm using a cloned 200 modem with a 2mb 120mac and has been running fine for four days now without disconnecting after downgrading it to the old firmware. I will let you guys know how I get on.

sakiblateef said:
I'm using a cloned 200 modem with a 2mb 120mac and has been running fine for four days now without disconnecting after downgrading it to the old firmware. I will let you guys know how I get on.

Tell us what you have done, what command ETC?

yes please tell us the exact process, commands and changes to the file neme i.e ntlhm120-light.cm

Looks like this problem is affecting every one, would be really good if you could advise us all?

Back