ambit 200 new firmware

gazzas

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looks like they found a way for upload firmwares to 200s with 100 or 120 macs.
i had a 120 mac on my 200 and tonight it went mad when i looked at the menu it said ntl at the top.

gazzas said:
Looks like they found a way for upload firmwares to 200s with 100 or 120 macs.
i had a 120 mac on my 200 and tonight it went mad when i looked at the menu it said ntl at the top.
mate, have you tried running the mac mod again, what happens ?

now that the firmware is hitting all the modems now, has anyone got the pin 11 mod going and it stops the upgrade for sure ???????????

Yeah They Got Me! Modem Cut Off N Started Goin Mad Checked Root And Ntl Logo Was There!! Looks Like The Antiupdate Via Hyperthermal Dosent Work? Any Way Of Forcing It To Go Back To Other Flash?

anyone know why even tho its taken an upgrade, a valid cloned mac is not working anymore?

my 200 went down

it only seems to be 3mb macs that this has happened too, my 2mb clone hasnt taken an upgrade

i think because its forced a incompatible download, thats why the ntl 200's are ****ing up, if u were to load a 120 mac on a 120, it would update, if the mac was valid the modem will work

looks like all 3mb cloned users will have to get a new preupdate 100/120 modem

did you guys do the software no update

thomson said:
mate, have you tried running the mac mod again, what happens ?

Yep tried it m8, Just the same.
BASTAGES

please did you guys do the software no update i want to no so i can disconect my ambit or not

Take it, by the sounds of things willim is the only way around it to change the MAC every time on these now.

Looks Like I Have To Buy Another Modem Should I Only Use The Low Macs? Plus Have The Surfboard Modems Been Affected?

well best thing to do, is get a ntl 100 or ntl 120, and put a 120 or 100 mac on them, let them update.

i know u wont be able to edit the mac, but its the best way now.

my 3mb went off, lucky i had a ntl 100, i used the mac from the 200 that went off, and its workin a treat, its taken the update and is working

Surfboards are ok at the min, ud be better getting a lower mac as they wont get cut off as much i also have a 1meg going for 2 years now and its still going well, not as much to pay for the payer!!!! theres a wee trick for yous.

cryptik said:
well best thing to do, is get a ntl 100 or ntl 120, and put a 120 or 100 mac on them, let them update.
i know u wont be able to edit the mac, but its the best way now.
my 3mb went off, lucky i had a ntl 100, i used the mac from the 200 that went off, and its workin a treat, its taken the update and is working

BUT I THOUGHT IF YOU LET IT UPDATE THE MODEM WONT WORK? ANOTHER QUESTION IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE A DIGITAL BOX FOR BROADBAND OR HAS NO ONE TRYED THIS YET?

it will still work with the update, the reason why it no1 wants it, is because u cant change the mac once its been updated.

Right to let me get his right
Ambit 200 Modems with 100/120 mac’s will stop working?
If yes, does this mean that if we put a 200 mac on a 200 modem., NTL will update the modem but it will still work. I realise then we won’t be able to edit the MAC.
However if we use this MAC again on another pre updated 200 it shouldn’t update again?

Back