ambit 200 keeps going off even with light mac

bones24

Inactive User
Reaction score
has anyone else having probs with this now i have a ambit 200 with anti update on and have tried using moto macs med macs and light macs every half off hour they is there a fix i am at the min using a mac from my gateway and its been on for 15mins will keep you posted dont know why its not kicked me off yet using one from my area

cashmere said:
probably because the one u cloned isnt on YET

hi thanks but i have tried about 7 different ones and they stay on for different lengths of time this one i have on at the min tho on my own gateway has stayed on over an hour now lol

lot of peeps turn off the modem when pc aint on....youll probably find itll go off later once theyre on

cashmere said:
lot of peeps turn off the modem when pc aint on....youll probably find itll go off later once theyre on

yep your right juat had to use another mac this one gone off lol hope this new mac works it from a diff area see how long this light mac stays on its doing my head in lol what cloned modem do you use and what config file :Cheers:

bones24 said:
yep your right juat had to use another mac this one gone off lol hope this new mac works it from a diff area see how long this light mac stays on its doing my head in lol what cloned modem do you use and what config file :Cheers:

we are all working and testing different ways for these 200's to stay on.

Last edited:
just noticed this thread...my 200 also runs for a while then disconnects itself..anyone else still having this problem or even better, found a solution?

cheers

Just found this hope it sheds some light on things

hxxp://www.cablemodemhelp.co.uk/Unauthorised.htm

i would imagine in some cases it may take longer than 10 mins so obviously there isnt really a firm fix YET;)

Last edited:
good spot cashmere ! noticed the date on that though ? it sez october !!
i dont remember probs in october they started november i thought

indeed m8...they must have been playing with it for a while,i did have the odd disco problem back then and so did thompson both ntl

Yous are all living in the past,i seen a web page like that at the start of sep, there are ways around this, just use the search, its all there, theres lots of different mods on these 200's (the better one at the min, there is also a way round the 100-120's but they need the new firmware in order to work) : gun :

L33tpL4y4 said:
Yous are all living in the past,i seen a web page like that at the start of sep, there are ways around this, just use the search, its all there, theres lots of different mods on these 200's (the better one at the min, there is also a way round the 100-120's but they need the new firmware in order to work)
in post 6 in this actual thread see above you said
L33tpL4y4 said:
we are all working and testing different ways for these 200's to stay on.
and all of a sudden a few posts later you say
Yous are all living in the past,i seen a web page like that at the start of sep
how does that work then?

Console Master said:
in post 6 in this actual thread see above you said
and all of a sudden a few posts later you say
how does that work then?

What i mean to say is, there is no deff way around this for everybody at the min, you just have to see what is right for you, i have done my 200 as follows

Put a mid mac on with No anti update commands at all. its going ok and has been for 1 week now without updating.

Done the same for my m8 and it updated, so i reflashed it back done the docsDevSwAdminStatus 3 command with a mid mac and its been ok for about 5 days.

My fathers i have put a moto mac on cuz no other one would stay on for more than an hour at a time and done the max_dload_tries 0 command as the docsDevSwAdminStatus 3 would not stay on.

This is why i say there is no complete fix at the min, BOUT THERE ARE WAYS ROUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST TAKE THE TIME , THERE ARE SOME CLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : gun :

i understand what your saying..its just having to go telnet through like 20 macs from a gateway to get maybe 1 thatll take and stay on...there must be a better way soon: santahat

ps L33t I do live in the past m8 lol

Last edited:
Its like this 10mb im on it's been knocked off twice in a week, all I had to do was reboot the modem and im happy with that :)

Yea glad to see yous understand (Console Master have you anything to say?)

L33tpL4y4 said:
What i mean to say is, there is no deff way around this for everybody at the min, you just have to see what is right for you, i have done my 200 as follows

Put a mid mac on with No anti update commands at all. its going ok and has been for 1 week now without updating.

Done the same for my m8 and it updated, so i reflashed it back done the docsDevSwAdminStatus 3 command with a mid mac and its been ok for about 5 days.

My fathers i have put a moto mac on cuz no other one would stay on for more than an hour at a time and done the max_dload_tries 0 command as the docsDevSwAdminStatus 3 would not stay on.

This is why i say there is no complete fix at the min, BOUT THERE ARE WAYS ROUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST TAKE THE TIME , THERE ARE SOME CLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : gun :

well said m8

Back