ambit 200 freezes executing image 1

Nygie

Inactive User
Reaction score
TCNiSO 5100 Bootstrap CPU = BCM3348A1
Firmware header Not Found!
Ebi Initialized: 000002020000001CC Verifiction on Image 1...
Sdram Initialized: [ OK ] LZRW1/KH compressed image...decompre
CPU instruction cache size: 2000
Target Addres
CPU instruction cache line size: 0010
Decompressed length: 0
CPU data cache size: 2000

Decompression Status: 00000000
Dcompressed Bootloader size: 00011005
BSS Initialized: [ OK ]
TMP Stack initialized: [ OK ]
Perm Stack initialized: [ OK ]
MemSize: ......................... 8M
Flash detected @0xbe000000
TCNiSO SIGMA Bootloader v2.6
Build date: May 9 2005

Firmware header Not Found!

Bypassing CRC Verifiction on Image 1...
Detected LZRW1/KH compressed image...decompressing...
Target Address: 0xABF001B3
Decompressed length: 0

Executing Image 1...

I cannot enter commands and the web config is no working!!
Is it a doorstop??

well i cant help you but why dont you Restoring a compatible bootloader

I tried the softjtag, but it connected then gets an error!
someone mentioned restoring the bootloader via max232 connection... would this be softjtag??

cheers

Nygie did you ever get this sorted? I have the exact same problem.
Galee

Looks like the memory chip may be incompatible with Sigma,.... Is it the mx29lv160btc by any chance?

will check when I get home but sigma was on there and I could login to it but it kept scanning for freqs. even after I followed the tuts. so connected it back up to hyper terminal and I didn't get the option to press P. Now all I get is a few lines of text then Executing Image 1... and then nothing locks up. Have tryed softjtag and when it boot it says connected then a error any other idea to relash it or is it dead?
Galee

Well it was on there but since I connected it to hyper terminal to try and change a few things it has locked up and I can not eter commands or anything at all when I reboot by take ac out it boots for 3-4 Secs the says Executing Image 1.. an I can't communicate with it no more. I this for the bin or is there some hope yet?
Galee

Yes mate it trys to connect then a windows error comes up and it crashes.

You could always JTAG it with a cutomised Blackcat cable. I only know of the the one where you solder the very small 102 resistor to the board or implement it into the cable.

But mark370 seems to know another way of doing this if you can get the info out of him in this thread here (Post #14).

:)

Right just checked the chip it is mx29lv160abtc-90 also tryed softjatg with out any lead connected and it still crashes are there any other setting that need changing to get it to work as I have runtime and . net framwork installed.
Galee

The chip is fine then m8, I knew it would of been as soon as you said Sigma was scanning for a downstream frequency.

To run SoftJtag you need .NET Framework 2 and Visual J# redistributable package.

Going off what you have said though I think you have them both.... If not just click the links above to get them.

It may be worthwhile checking your firewall setting to see if it is blocking the connection.

:)

Right just checked the chip it is mx29lv160abtc-90 also tryed softjatg with out any lead connected and it still crashes are there any other setting that need changing to get it to work as I have runtime and . net framwork installed.
Galee

do wot monkey says and install the 2 microsoft Apps they are required for the softjtag to work , it will crash with-out them.
also you should be pluging in the ethernet & the max232 when using softjtag & use the latest ver-3.10
and use a static ip ov 192.168.100.1 subnet 255.255.255.0

turn your firewall off power modem wait around 10sec then start softjtag select com1 and away you go.

EDIT... if softjtag dont work after that ypu'll have to flash a bootloader on it with blackat cable [my diag is in the D/L sec] have a look any questions get in touch or post back here.

Last edited:
Back