Ambit 200 dump help please

b3nnyb0y

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys well im having some problems im trying to do a couple of ambit 200,s for me mate and its been ages since i done one these have sigma on at the moment im in the middle of flashing the proper bootloader back so i can press p etc etc. I was wondering if anyone had an original pre updated 200 fw please? As i wanna get rid of sigma and just do the non update cmmands like i used to.

dont get me wrong but the days of these has gone hasnt it ? u might get a 250 working well but lm sure 200 r crap now

@ b3nnyb0y

Check the bottom of this post m8 ;) Although I'm not sure why you'd want to go down this route as it's more trouble than it's worth (Unless you have some inside info the rest of us don't?)

@ smirnoff_rules

The 200's are pretty stable when you load Sigma onto them m8 ;)

:)

Ta m8 yeah they are shite but its easier as i have a few here there for me mate,s dad etc. I do prefer the sb modems but its shame to let these go to waste ive had em here for ages doing nowt so might as well make use of em :). Thanks for that fw its a bugger to find :).

Oh one quick thing u know if u have sigma on them its just a matter of using soft jtag to get the new bootloader on(so u can press p) and flash this pre updated across? i have a lot of probs with sigma on a 200 as its been ages since ive done any me sb has been rock solid for yonks hehe.

Ta m8 yeah they are shite but its easier as i have a few here there for me mate,s dad etc. I do prefer the sb modems but its shame to let these go to waste ive had em here for ages doing nowt so might as well make use of em :). Thanks for that fw its a bugger to find :).

Oh one quick thing u know if u have sigma on them its just a matter of using soft jtag to get the new bootloader on(so u can press p) and flash this pre updated across? i have a lot of probs with sigma on a 200 as its been ages since ive done any me sb has been rock solid for yonks hehe.

No worries b3nnyb0y, let me know if you need anything else as most likely I have it ;)

And just to comment the 200's aren't shite, IMO they are just as good as the 250's if you use the latest Sigma on them and do them right (I used Sigma 125 on a couple of 200's I sorted out. One for my Uncle and one I sorted for a mate and there still running now over a year on!) <----- Man I need to get round to changing there MAC's....lol

Have u got msn at all m8? I could do with ah and if ur not busy please ive been at these for hours now and i forgot a few things :(. It helps ur in ex c/w as well coz ive got a feeling i done something wrong with the annex stuff or maybe not lol

Oh and ps i promise i wont bore ya to death or ask loads of questions its just a few bits im stuck on as i said i used to be able to do these with me eyes shut its just been ages like 6 months or so since ive even used an ambit hehe.

I didnt mean the 200,s are shite as such just i prefer the motorola,s ;).

Last edited:
Sorry b3nnyb0y just realised I didn't answer you last Q?

Yeah just flash the bootloader on then follow the guide at the end of this post. You can use any TFTP server your comfortable with. Give us a shout if you get stuck m8 ;)

EDIT: The 200 'is' a motorola once it's been flashed with Sigma ;) (Except the lights don't work as there meant too....lol)

Last edited:
Cool thanks very much m8 for the quick reply ;). I wasnt expecting anyone to answer that quick hehe.

No worries, let us know how you get on. I'm off to get my head down for a bit now but will be back on early morn so will help then if your still stuck m8 ;)

No worries b3nnyb0y, let me know if you need anything else as most likely I have it ;)

And just to comment the 200's aren't shite, IMO they are just as good as the 250's if you use the latest Sigma on them and do them right (I used Sigma 125 on a couple of 200's I sorted out. One for my Uncle and one I sorted for a mate and there still running now over a year on!) <----- Man I need to get round to changing there MAC's....lol

might have that wrong m8 think l was reading about the 100 , been a few months now . the sb5101 was so easy to setup , l had so many probs with a 250 l gave up

Well i just tried that image1 and:

1', '2', or 'p' within 2 seconds or take default...
Atte
.t

Board IP Address [0.0.0.0]: 1
Performing CRC on Image 1...
Loading non-compressed image 1...
Target Address: 0x80010000
Length: 906823

Executing Image 1...

******************** CRASH ********************

EXCEPTION TYPE: GENERAL
R0/ZERO=00000000 R1/AT =fffffff8 R2/V0 =00000000 R3/V1 =0a000000
R4/A0 =0000000c R5/A1 =00000000 R6/A2 =00000018 R7/A3 =807ffe54
R8/T0 =80008082 R9/T1 =a0000000 R10/T2 =00000031 R11/T3 =00000004
R12/T4 =00000030 R13/T5 =00000000 R14/T6 =00000000 R15/T7 =00000018
R16/S0 =bec1005c R17/S1 =000dd647 R18/S2 =80010000 R19/S3 =bec10000
R20/S4 =bec10000 R21/S5 =00000001 R22/S6 =00000000 R23/S7 =00000000
R24/T8 =00001021 R25/T9 =00000001 R26/K0 =deaddead R27/K1 =deaddead
R28/GP =5a998524 R29/SP =807ffe50 R30/FP =00000000 R31/RA =81f85b18

pc : 0x80010000 sr : 0x00000002
cause: 0x00008028 addr: 0x00000000
fs i really hate ambits lol. Any of u guys seen this b4? :eek:

I can still press P when it boots tho so i guess i can fix it not wure whats up with all that crap tho =/.

It looks to me like the image has not flashed across and the Ambit bootloader is trying to boot Sigma.....

Try flashing the image again following this quick guide:

Install Solarwinds.

Set your NIC cards IP to:

IP Address: 192.168.100.10
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.100.1

Copy image1.bin to the root of your C: drive.

Open solarwinds and click on FILE > CONFIGURE Make sure the TFTP Root Directory is set to C: and that you can see the image1.bin file at the bottom of the screen.

Next click the SECURITY tab and make sure that TRANSMIT & RECEIVE FILES is checked, then click OK.

Connect up your MAX232 cable and Network cable to the modem and open up Hyperterminal. Use the following settings for Hyper Terminal:

Bits per second: 115200
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

Next power up the modem and press P to stop the modem from booting.

Enter 192.168.100.1 as the board IP and press ENTER.

Press ENTER 3 more times then press I followed by ENTER again.

You should now be at the main menu. Press D to download the image and when asked enter the following information:

Board TFTP Server IP Address [0.0.0.0]: 192.168.100.10
Enter TFTP filename []: image1.bin

You should now see the image transfer over to the modem. When asked what sector to store the image enter 1 and when asked to store to flash press Y.

Now you should be back at the main menu. Press D once again to download the image and enter the following info:

Board TFTP Server IP Address [0.0.0.0]: 192.168.100.10
Enter TFTP filename []: image1.bin

You should now see the image transfer over to the modem again. This time when asked what sector to store the image enter 2 and when asked to store to flash press Y.

You should be back at the main menu again. Now you want to unplug your modem from the power supply and wait for 10 seconds before pluggin it back in. Leave all your other equipment connected.

You now have the stock firmware back on the modem ;) Hopefully when you plug the modems power supply back in you will see the image decompress then start to boot as usual.

GOOD LUCK m8

isnt it possible to install full sigma 128bios firmware using the sigma webpage, see attachment ?

isnt it possible to install full sigma 128bios firmware using the sigma webpage, see attachment ?

Hi thomson :)

It is possible to install Sigma to the Ambit 200's, and that's what 'everyone' is doing nowadays, but our friend b3nnyb0y doesn't seem to ever have luck with Sigma.

That's why I am trying to talk him through putting his Ambit back to stock firmware and removing Sigma from it ;)

Not that I think it will do him any good, I personally think it's more trouble than it's worth and made this clear near the beginning of this thread.

Although having said that when was the last time anyone tried the stock Ambit 200 firmware? I'd be interested to see how long it takes it to get hit by 'some update' to be honest.

I ran a 200 on stock fw for a couple of days earlier on this week, doind the no update commands seemed to do the trick.
On first power up of the modem an update was attempted a few times but failed nicely :)
Running on Sigma 128 now with no problems!

Hi Zee,

It's good to hear the stock firmware's still running strong :)

Pity you can't force the 10MB config onto the stock firmware......

I ran a 200 on stock fw for a couple of days earlier on this week, doind the no update commands seemed to do the trick.
On first power up of the modem an update was attempted a few times but failed nicely :)
Running on Sigma 128 now with no problems!

mate, how did you get 128 on there, did you do it the hard way or the easy way ?? the easy way being from in the sigma webpage like i posted pic of in post 14 ?? please advise as iam tempted to try it but ive had varying opinions that doing it from the sigma page will brick the modem.

MONKey: That's the reason I flashed to the sigma. Didn't have enough time to get some 10meg mac's off my cousins connection, so just using a mid, and forcing the higher config.

thomson: I did it the "hard" way, as I whent straight to the 128 image. tbh it isn't that difficult really. All peachy with the exception of the status lights working (in)correctly as they're supposed to which can be strange to get used to at first!!!

MONKey: That's the reason I flashed to the sigma. Didn't have enough time to get some 10meg mac's off my cousins connection, so just using a mid, and forcing the higher config.

thomson: I did it the "hard" way, as I whent straight to the 128 image. tbh it isn't that difficult really. All peachy with the exception of the status lights working (in)correctly as they're supposed to which can be strange to get used to at first!!!

I currently have "SIGMA-X Version 1.06 RC4 BETA1 " on my 200, just trying to get more info if its ok to update to the full 128 using the easy way (from sigma webpage), not really heard from anyone doing it this way but if it does work no probs then iam surprised no one has tried, i dunno though ?

Back