ambit 100

yomeh

Inactive User
Reaction score
i'm trying to hack an ambit 100 what i just found lying about i've connected the max232 from wayneboy hyper terminal wont allow access keeps saying that com port is in use how can i get access please

i'm trying to hack an ambit 100 what i just found lying about i've connected the max232 from wayneboy hyper terminal wont allow access keeps saying that com port is in use how can i get access please

normally when this happens a reboot of computer will sort it mate.

yeah i rebooted now i get some writing on the screen summit like "running image 2"... but then it stops then nothing after that so i cant change the mac for the modem can it still be changed?

yeah i rebooted now i get some writing on the screen summit like "running image 2"... but then it stops then nothing after that so i cant change the mac for the modem can it still be changed?

Personally mate I would not bother with a 100 modem. Even if you did manage to get it working it would get knocked off before you could do anything usefull with it.

There was some talk a while back about putting a SB4200 firmware onto the Ambit 100's but nothing ever surfaced. It was a guy called Heji (Or Qwea as some may know him by).

He was the guy who figured out how to put SB5100 firmware's onto the Ambit 200 modems which is why they are still useful to this day.

I guess he either thought that being as the 100's was a lost cause anyways (No 'real' way to force the No Update command) they was not worth the effort. Or that it simply was not 'do-able'.

Anyways lets end the history lesson.....lol Your best bet would be to pick a N*L 250 modem up off fleabay as it should only cost you £10 tops delivered and have a play with that ;)

If you need a guide for the 250's let me know and I'll upload one but you should be able to find it if you look ;)

:)

cheers mate i give up no it just got an ambit 200 from ebay there gonna mess about with that and try and pick up a 250 soon cheers for the information if i have a problem with the 200 i'll give you a shout mate thanks alot top man

Back