Amazon prime

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy stuff now and then but is it worth £79 a year, got basic channel package on virgin (don't watch much TV) , like music and reading so that's good side.
What do you think?

Share the account or use someone elses.

I use my mums, have my card details and address setup as well as hers, obviously needs to be someone you trust

Reactions: gez
Just me and wife, daughter and grandson live else where

Buy stuff now and then but is it worth £79 a year, got basic channel package on virgin (don't watch much TV) , like music and reading so that's good side.
What do you think?
I buy loads off Amazon so with the free postage and packing, I’m sure it pays for itself. That’s if you ignore the fact I am probably overpaying for what I order but if I need it next day it’s convenient for me. The TV bit is just a bonus.

i use it for delivery i use same day or next day at weekend dont use the tv as its shite as is the music as its not unlimited ( i have a spotify login from my son for music anyway)

also be very careful if you share your login as a lot of stuff on prime tv is NOT free and you could end up with a bit of a bill :(

I like amazon prime and love the one day postage. I'm not a music person but find it handy over xmas. Now that i get a bus most places I enjoy watching a prime movie that you can pre-download to your phone storage and watch while travelling. You could just stream it while you watch instead if data inst an issue.

Not sure how the book side of prime works and if your able to share that with other people?

You can just pay £7.99 a month instead of the £79 and why not trial it before you buy? If you've never tried it you get a 30 day free trial. If you've previously tried it get the wife to sign up for the trial.

Amazon.co.uk Help: About Prime Student
Does the Amazon Student 'trick' still work??
Pretty sure I signed up with something like The Shaw Academy for a photography course, this let me get an NUS card which lets you sign up for Amazon Student (6 months free Prime then 4 years at £39 rather than £79)
If that's not viable anymore might be worth seeing if there's any cheap ways to get an NUS card mate.
HH.

Yep just got grandson a student to sign up for it.

Back