Amazon Echo Dot - help needed :-)

kangochad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, it's been a while since I was here. Thought it would be the best place to ask.

I've just purchased 2 Amazon Echo Dots for my 2 kids. One each for their bedrooms.

Do they both need their own Amazon accounts setting up? Or do I just log in to my account and let them use that? The only problem with the latter is there is the risk they could accidentally order something automatically from my debit card. Is there a way round this? Ideally like a kids account they can use on their Echo's but remaining on my account? Thanks in advance.

take you card details off amazon that way they cant order anything

Yeah that would be a good solution but it'd be a pain in the ass each time I actually wanted to order something :-/

Any other way you know of?

no parental controls can be set but can set pin code for purchase and use the app on phone for pin

on there echo dots is there any options for parental control.

Hi guys, it's been a while since I was here. Thought it would be the best place to ask.

I've just purchased 2 Amazon Echo Dots for my 2 kids. One each for their bedrooms.

Do they both need their own Amazon accounts setting up? Or do I just log in to my account and let them use that? The only problem with the latter is there is the risk they could accidentally order something automatically from my debit card. Is there a way round this? Ideally like a kids account they can use on their Echo's but remaining on my account? Thanks in advance.

Amazon have something called amazon family. You can create a child profile. Click on me to go directly to there for more information that should set your mind to rest.

Back