Alexa Amazon Echo/Dot Chat

Just been reading IFTTT is now working on Echo with latest software 4540 @gadgethome @Mick

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been reading IFTTT is now working on Echo with latest software 4540 @gadgethome @Mick

Thanks for the update. I look forward to testing it once mine is on 4540.

You using Echo for much more mate ?
I took up the Music Unlimited Family free trial, quite impressed with the Echo integration :)

Ask Alexa to "sing me a song" :) @gadgethome

You using Echo for much more mate ?
I took up the Music Unlimited Family free trial, quite impressed with the Echo integration :)

Ask Alexa to "sing me a song" :) @gadgethome

I have a Hive thermostat and went ahead and purchased some Hive plugs and bulbs.
Works extremely well. You can turn lights on/off/dimmer but cant set the colours. Hive said they are working on it.

Yeah, things will get very interesting once the IFTTT really takes off,

I personally don't use mine much but will once more and more support is added. The sonos integration for myself will be key.

It's still very basic to be honest but good fun for the gadget lovers :)

I think someone has bought me one of these for xmas. The Dot anyway, does this speak back? Whats the difference?

Yes they talk to you, a bit like Siri

Sound quality, the echo has decent sound especially vocal quality on music.

The dot is great though

Morning All

the good lady is on my case to get her an Alexa but my main worry is does she understand a Scottish accent?

and can it be connected to this speaker BeoPlay S3 Bluetooth?

thanks

I've read it can recognise all ascents :)
Dot connects to Bluetooth speakers
Echo just connects to phones etc

on TT

Re: Alexa New Skills

guys , to get the alexa to control your tv and VM box etc. Do I need the harmony hub or just a harmony remote? Alexa ha been purchased yesterday, looking forward to the new toy arriving

the harmony hub is what alexa connects to and not the remote im afraid. Im still using yonomi to control but might download IFTTT as its now compatible, see if its any better

9.25-inch, 234.95mm
And holes for speaker are at bottom yes :)

guys , to get the alexa to control your tv and VM box etc. Do I need the harmony hub or just a harmony remote? Alexa ha been purchased yesterday, looking forward to the new toy arriving

As above you will need either the Ultimate or the Elite Harmony version supplied with a HUB, luckily i got my Ultimate in an amazon offer earlier this year half price

Harmony only do 1 hub now the £99 one as far as Im aware

you still need a harmony remote you cant just buy a HUB and hope it works with alexa, they do 3 types Elite,Ultimate,Companion the latter is the cheapest

I just bought the hub and works fine with Alexa @digi247

I just bought the hub and works fine with Alexa @digi247

did you already have the Harmony remote or nothing at all

No remote mate
I bought the £99 hub (only) a few weeks ago tried it with yonomi but had issues
now harmony skill is out it controls tv

No remote mate
I bought the £99 hub (only) a few weeks ago tried it with yonomi but had issues
now harmony skill is out it controls tv

Just had a quick look looks like you can just buy the HUB and setup via Mobile app to control everything (learn something new everyday LOL)

I was lucky i got the Ultimate remote with Hub for £75 earlier this year, although i have the mobile app setup i still like the feel of a remote and then 1 button click to turn on all my devices, i suppose Alexa will now let you do the exact same thing

Back