Alexa Amazon Echo/Dot Chat

Somewhat concerned about having a device listen in on all things discussed in my home. Lots of privacy issues.

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Rako lighting is in development and I am being told will be in April / May for Amazon echo integration.

Which one s great news for Rako and Amazon owners

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Somewhat concerned about having a device listen in on all things discussed in my home. Lots of privacy issues.
I got nothing to worry about there. Anybody interested in listening in on my general chit chat would have to be a sad person indeed. lol

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Amazon Echo now connects to external Bluetooth speakers :)

on TT

Using it with chrome cast speakers, hue lighting and Honeywell thermostat, voice command around the house with the wireless remote to turn TVs/speakers/music/heating on and off

Hi does somebody if the echo can read out a text via api? I just want to trigger an Hello Master when I am entering the room.

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
I am still waiting for the Alexa Sonos integration???

Any News.

Mick

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
I will have a go with this tomorrow or tuesday and report back on the sonos integration!

Reviews are not great, but it is a beta (I think).

Mick

IANB

VIP Member
VIP Member
I find it works ok on amazon music and tune-in radio but had bother getting it to play anything else. But like you say @Mick its beta so early days. I am hoping i get spotify intergration through sonos

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
I think if you change the language to US, it assumes your in the states and connects to American servers. Just an observation, not sure if it's any use? Lol
Reason i recon this is, earlier i asked Alexa for Dirty Boulevard by Lou Reed, and the American accent said "i can't find it". Now I've had it playing before, so I changed back to UK and it played it. :)

TEST