Amazon and worldwide customers

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Am i alone in thinking that Amazon should be a bit more honest with seller locations?

Take for example a gift. I put it on my wishlist and some has bought it. We never realised it was from China, so the expected delivery date is 3rd of jan. Not great that the item is for xmas! My question now is how on earth does it get returned if it does not fit?

We've contacted the seller to cancel the item but i don't think they will do it.

I used to like Amazon but I've had so many problems with them in the last few months than i've had in the 15 years of using them.

Tend to use only amazon prime, then I just have to deal with amazon itself

I also use prime for most things. But I have noticed a lot lately that even items that say "prime" don't mean next day like they used to.
Some times items marked prime just mean free delivery.

I've bought a few things from Chinese sellers knowingly though.

You can normally tell that if an item says "sold by Joe Blogs" and "fulfilled by Amazon" that it's most likely ether in a UK warehouse or at least an EU one, with these I normally get next day (uk warehouse) or 2 day (EU warehouse).

You can always click on the sellers name and checkout where they are based and their delivery times. The information is always available as Amazon insists on it when you sign up to be a seller.

I also use prime for most things. But I have noticed a lot lately that even items that say "prime" don't mean next day like they used to.
Some times items marked prime just mean free delivery.

I've bought a few things from Chinese sellers knowingly though.

You can normally tell that if an item says "sold by Joe Blogs" and "fulfilled by Amazon" that it's most likely ether in a UK warehouse or at least an EU one, with these I normally get next day (uk warehouse) or 2 day (EU warehouse).

You can always click on the sellers name and checkout where they are based and their delivery times. The information is always available as Amazon insists on it when you sign up to be a seller.

I don't mind buying from Chinese sellers. Its just the person who bought it did not know and they started to panic when the jacket in question would not arrive until the 3rd of jan. I just feel that it should say something like worldwide seller or something? Amazon should be more transparent in these things and not find out this until or after checkout. Also seeing as it was an item of clothing, returns would be a complete nightmare!

Guys, i'm that angry about this I've made a petition. Anyone fancy signing it or is it a silly idea?

Hi,

I wanted to tell you about this petition that I just started at iPetitions.com: "Amazon! Be more open about Amazon Marketplace sellers locations"

Amazon! Be more open about Amazon Marketplace sellers locations

I really care about this cause, and I'd love it if you joined me in supporting it.

It's free and takes just a few seconds of your time.

Thanks!

You can do that on computer, but not on smartphone or amazon kindle devices.

Hi Guys,

Am i alone in thinking that Amazon should be a bit more honest with seller locations?

I wouldn't hold my breath m8,even when you get Amazon support to call you back their call supposedly comes from Dublin...Next you know your talking to some nice but ununderstandable Malaysian lady

Back