AM2 exam

Paulfitzspark

New Member +
Reaction score
Starting the AM2 tomorrow just accessing past paper questions any advice feel free ..

Yes,
  • Make sure you have all your work detailed, when you have your inspections and site visits
  • Ensure that you have a tidy work space.
  • Make sure you have done the work he/she will want to see, as they will ask questions and know if you did it or not.
  • Take pictures for your portfolio.
  • Be honest, if you don't know something ask, they will prefer an honest "I don't know" than some bullshit ramblings.
  • Brush up on the BS7671, know where the sections are. your not expected to know the regs quote for quote but to be able to find answers from the book is what the 17th (18th) now means.
  • Start your ECS application now, so that when you are ready for your JIB card it does not drag on, believe me the ECS takes time.
  • SAFE ISOLATION - they are mad on this! everyone is lol...

Mick

Mick Im 42 currently holding an exsperiened worker card the ecs are making me sit the am2 to issue me gold

Mick Im 42 currently holding an exsperiened worker card the ecs are making me sit the am2 to issue me gold

Being Honest, You want the Gold Card, the Gold Card equals competence, and that equals more money :)

So did you take the experienced electrician route for the AM2?

Or do you have Levels 2 & 3 and the NVQ?

Mick

Yes did it all back in 1990s then never needed a jib card moved to the usa came back nevr needed the jib card for a while then when i applied they said i had to sit an AM2 to gain it ...

Yes did it all back in 1990s then never needed a jib card moved to the usa came back nevr needed the jib card for a while then when i applied they said i had to sit an AM2 to gain it ...
Yes I have City and Guilds and nvq 2,3 sat my 17th a few years ago

Back