Am I going to fry myself?

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guy's

I just need to double check this before I fry myself and end up looking like this.... : maggie :
I'm about to attempt my first jtag (wey hey) on the 4000n, I've been reading a few tuts and posts etc... to make sure I've covered everything, but one thing I've came accross in this tut, http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8501&d=1130584235 is that it say's 'Switch off your PC and connect the serial cable end of the Jtag to your computer and reboot.
(Make sure that you also plug in your stb but not the cable) erhhh!! does this mean power the box to the mains??? I'm sure the box isn't meant to be live is it at the time of doing the jtagging.

yes it is tina just be carefull. once it is plugged in and powerd up you dont need to go near the box then. just follow the tut youll be ok lol..

tina said:
Hi Guy's

I just need to double check this before I fry myself and end up looking like this.... : maggie :
(Make sure that you also plug in your stb but not the cable) erhhh!! does this mean power the box to the mains??? I'm sure the box isn't meant to be live is it at the time of doing the jtagging.

You do need the box powered up! so be carefull.... lol

If u can wait untill later when ive sorted my modems out again I`ll lend u a hand mate

But really its easy mate.......:)

cliffy said:
yes it is tina just be carefull. once it is plugged in and powerd up you dont need to go near the box then. just follow the tut youll be ok lol..

Hmm! i've got the pogo jtag?

Hi All,

@tina If you have the extra pair off hands then your safe..... LoL

You Don't need the box on the cable feed.

Back