Sensible Topic Alternative to sugar

No can do I'm afraid I'm disabled and that's the bummer there not much I can do without causing myself more pain..but I agree cycling is a great way to lose weight and keep fit..especially in good sunny weather...

Sorry mate I didn’t know

Not tried it myself but a few friends have honey in there hot drinks and say it does the job

Please read the thread m8. AJT is trying to lose weight. Honey is useless in that context. It contains more calories per teaspoon than sugar.

Not tried it myself but a few friends have honey in there hot drinks and say it does the job

Please read the thread m8. AJT is trying to lose weight. Honey is useless in that context. It contains more calories per teaspoon than sugar.

And stop the persistent post clocking, I am fed up chasing you around and deleting shite, you did get a days ban but I lifted it, carry on and it will be longer @1andonlyjustice

Last edited by a moderator:
With Bronto and him her. It only takes a day or 2 to get away from sugar. Tea coffee tastes better without it.

I agree.
Been on sweeteners for a couple of years now,after reading this thread yesterday..i stopped taking them altogether.
Although its only been a day i'm getting used to the taste already..
Go for it matey..

I am currently going through the exercise of weaning myself off sugar. Not had sugar in tea for around 12 years. However if a drink instant coffee it was two sugars. I am now down to one.
If I drink real coffee, I don't have anything in it.

I am currently going through the exercise of weaning myself off sugar. Not had sugar in tea for around 12 years. However if a drink instant coffee it was two sugars. I am now down to one.
If I drink real coffee, I don't have anything in it.

Yes, coffee's difficult. I've not had sugar in tea for over 30 years now, but now just managed to get myself down to half a spoonful in coffee.

(real coffee, I don't do instant)

Following the program on bbc trust me i am a doctor I believe the only safe sweetener is Stevia

ive recently gone to stevia -its ok but not as good a taste as sugar -but no more sugar for me

Back