Almost free satnav

kenny444

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello. I have just bought a BU-303 sat rx from EXPANSYS for £8.04 plus P&P and VAT its comes with a USB, drive / info CD and turns you laptop into a satnav with the addition of some software. Thought you might like to know.
Kenny444

like devil666x says m8 where did you buy it :)

ok not sure how this works is this just the gps, are maps included if not what maps are used and where from, sorry if it is a dumb question

Hi the BU-303 is just the Receiver (RX) you add your own choice of software, such as an old but cheap version of autoroute, other GPS software is availabe from other sources.
kenny444

I built a Carputer once, you can get free sat nav software... The best I found was Map Monkey as the frontend working with some Median Sat nav software, I had a laptop in the boot, which powered up from the front of the car, it was controlled by a touch screen in the front dash... It did everything and I could park in the drive and download songs through Wifi :)

It worked really well but I had to take it all out as my car had to go in for repairs as someone drove into the back of me... The software for laptops in my opinion wasnt anywhere near as good as TomTom though, however I think Microsoft Autoroute is supposed to have been updated now to work with GPS receivers at the time that wasnt available.

Back