Allot of old forums - whats everyone's take on moving the site forward?

Personally i do not think culling or scalling back on sat threads is good just yet.
CAM is still going.
(Yes most gone)

But “some” are still going on 28.2°E and theres other sats to run CAM on.
Yes times have changed i have noticed the tech side of things are less and less posted recently.
Football and personal posts with “NO” digital/tech input seem to be the norm of recent.
The new era we are in is IPTV.
The down side to this is you do not need to be so tech minded as its all done remotely now.
In return less help/advise is asked nowadays from members on here and on other sites.

How the world spins so quick.
🤨

I was thinking about removing both of them.
Why? There are plenty of sport forums out there.
For me, we seem to be turning into digitsl spy, rather than a full blown tech forum.

I could go on, but.....

Agreed, and try focus and fix the DW plugin which auto updates picons etc thats never worked for donkies or remove it ?

Ip tv and streaming is a good topic , sports needs to stay because they seem popular with most members, Sat stuff is on the decline but tough choice.
I just love this forum,it's the one I've stuck with.😁

Ip tv and streaming is a good topic , sports needs to stay because they seem popular with most members, Sat stuff is on the decline but tough choice.
I just love this forum,it's the one I've stuck with.😁
Cheque is in the post fella.🤫👍😊

still holding on to the motorised dish to dabble but guess like all things technology moves on sadly no fun with it these days

I originally found DW while searching for satellite-related stuff (Intelsat 907 to be precise) and gained a huge amount of knowledge, and for that I am grateful. I have also shared much of my own knowledge experience (such as it is) with other members, new & old alike. But as the years have passed by I see fewer and fewer requests for help of this nature and, at the same time my visits here tend to be more on the 'social' side although I personally still have a keen interest in satellite. PC & IPTV threads are always interesting too and I do like the 'community' feel of DW, something a lot of other forums seem to lack.
But before deleting too much old stuff @Mick, whilst it may seem irrelevant to today's needs, it's probably still picked up by search engines (is there a way to tell) so if server space isn't an issue (or is it?) then maybe it just wants to be tucked away in a corner somewhere....

last time i visited i was shocked to see the first page blank:(

I originally found DW while searching for satellite-related stuff (Intelsat 907 to be precise) and gained a huge amount of knowledge, and for that I am grateful. I have also shared much of my own knowledge experience (such as it is) with other members, new & old alike. But as the years have passed by I see fewer and fewer requests for help of this nature and, at the same time my visits here tend to be more on the 'social' side although I personally still have a keen interest in satellite. PC & IPTV threads are always interesting too and I do like the 'community' feel of DW, something a lot of other forums seem to lack.
But before deleting too much old stuff @Mick, whilst it may seem irrelevant to today's needs, it's probably still picked up by search engines (is there a way to tell) so if server space isn't an issue (or is it?) then maybe it just wants to be tucked away in a corner somewhere....

Nothing would get deleted, just moved to an archive area.

It's more about making the forum easier to navigate and keeping relevant stuff at the front.

Back