Allan McGregor signed new 5 year contract

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor has signed a new five-year contract with the Ibrox outfit.

There had been some speculation over a possible move to England for the Scotland international, but he has now committed his future to the Scottish Premier League giants.

And McGregor has now set his sights on preparing for the new season after missing the closing stages of last term with an ankle injury.

He told the club's official website: "I met the chairman a couple of weeks ago and I think he realised I always wanted to stay at the club, especially after breaking into the team.

"I'm delighted with the five-year deal, it's good to get it settled and hopefully now I can just get on with pre-season."

Walter Smith was more than happy to secure the services of a key member of his squad.

He said: "We're delighted to secure Allan on a long-term contract. He had a great season last year before his injury.

"He's come through the youth ranks at the club and is now an established first-team star and that's testament to his hard work and ability."

Back