All pregnant women to be handed £3,000 to be used on pampering facilities

miggy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So our government is cracking down on benefits are they ?

This maybe available to all pregnant women in work out of work but if this really will be a cash payment then the Jeremy Kyle lot will take advantage.

So our government is cracking down on benefits are they ?

This maybe available to all pregnant women in work out of work but if this really will be a cash payment then the Jeremy Kyle lot will take advantage.

That is correct Mr Ferret, So our scallies and Continental friends will get pampered to death knocking kids out and then all that lovely child benefit money would build up nicely in bank accounts or indeed even shipped abroad. Then the cycle begins again. Marvelous. :)

There was never any suggestion that the NHS would hand over £3,000 cash to pregnant women. Each expectant mother would simply be allowed to choose how the NHS spends the £3,000 budget allocated for her care.

To quote from the article:

Mothers-to-be will not be handed the money directly but midwives and doctors will help them draw up a maternity plan setting out exactly how it will be spent.

It helps to read the article before making comments.

There was never any suggestion that the NHS would hand over £3,000 cash to pregnant women. Each expectant mother would simply be allowed to choose how the NHS spends the £3,000 budget allocated for her care.

To quote from the article:

Mothers-to-be will not be handed the money directly but midwives and doctors will help them draw up a maternity plan setting out exactly how it will be spent.

It helps to read the article before making comments.

So why give them a pampering plan then. What is wrong with the basic NHS treatment and putting the 3000 to a much better use like the old and disabled people in THIS Country?.

So why give them a pampering plan then. What is wrong with the basic NHS treatment and putting the 3000 to a much better use like the old and disabled people in THIS Country?.

Again, read the article before commenting.

Yet births at home or midwife-centres are far cheaper than in hospital and, providing there are no complications, no more dangerous.

Officials expect the budgets to be available to all women by 2018/19. They will still be allowed to turn the money down and have a hospital birth if they wish

The £3,000 is not extra spending. It is an alternative to the NHS spending that amount or more on a hospital birth.

How can all this be cost cutting when all the medical staff turn up outside your house in there cars?. What is wrong with keeping things the way they should be in a hospital. If complications set in what do they do? Take them to hospital. Perhaps Mr Cameron could pop around and give his support while these Women are giving birth?, after all it is probably one of his scattered brained ideas to try and save the Country money and put more people out of work. That way he could give more money away to other Countries.

Again, read the article before commenting.

Yet births at home or midwife-centres are far cheaper than in hospital and, providing there are no complications, no more dangerous.

Officials expect the budgets to be available to all women by 2018/19. They will still be allowed to turn the money down and have a hospital birth if they wish

The £3,000 is not extra spending. It is an alternative to the NHS spending that amount or more on a hospital birth.

So what their saying is have your chav on the living room carpet and we'll bung you £3 grand, maybe start a new cottage industry, Midwifes R Us I can see it now....

Hello is that you Gladys?... Yes waynetta what can I do for you?..... well I'm ready to drop the chav can you come round?...No problem I'm just going to cook George his tea and I'll be right round oh and if you drop it before I arrive um still wanting my dough. :rolleyes:

You know the worst thing about this, some halfwit is being paid to come up with this shit, like I said before this country is f*****

How can all this be cost cutting when all the medical staff turn up outside your house in there cars?. What is wrong with keeping things the way they should be in a hospital. If complications set in what do they do? Take them to hospital. Perhaps Mr Cameron could pop around and give his support while these Women are giving birth?, after all it is probably one of his scattered brained ideas to try and save the Country money and put more people out of work. That way he could give more money away to other Countries.

So what qualifies you to rubbish the findings of an independent enquiry which, by the way, was nothing to do with Mr. Cameron. And what qualifies you to say that births "should be" in a hospital? Pregnancy is not a disease and, if there are no known complications, there is no reason to assume that a hospital birth is necessary. A home birth does not require lots of medical staff in their cars, just a midwife, with whom the mother is likely to be much more comfortable because she has got to know her during the pregnancy. In hospital, the mother would be looked after by whatever staff are on duty at that time, who are probably all strangers.

- - - Updated - - -

So what their saying is have your chav on the living room carpet and we'll bung you £3 grand, maybe start a new cottage industry, Midwifes R Us I can see it now....

Hello is that you Gladys?... Yes waynetta what can I do for you?..... well I'm ready to drop the chav can you come round?...No problem I'm just going to cook George his tea and I'll be right round oh and if you drop it before I arrive um still wanting my dough. :rolleyes:

You know the worst thing about this, some halfwit is being paid to come up with this shit, like I said before this country is f*****

Someone else who has not read the article. No woman would ever see any of this £3,000: she would just choose how the NHS would spend that money on her care.

Its just a shame they didn't bring this scam out years ago. It would have made an ideal Christmas present for the Wife. I got you a pamper day all expenses paid, now all you have to do is step into my office and we can erm start the paperwork off. Sorted :)

So what qualifies you to rubbish the findings of an independent enquiry which, by the way, was nothing to do with Mr. Cameron. And what qualifies you to say that births "should be" in a hospital? Pregnancy is not a disease and, if there are no known complications, there is no reason to assume that a hospital birth is necessary. A home birth does not require lots of medical staff in their cars, just a midwife, with whom the mother is likely to be much more comfortable because she has got to know her during the pregnancy. In hospital, the mother would be looked after by whatever staff are on duty at that time, who are probably all strangers.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone else who has not read the article. No woman would ever see any of this £3,000: she would just choose how the NHS would spend that money on her care.

Nurse Miggy has no right on the say in this matter, however his opinions like everyone else's come high on his list. The wife said she would have liked her kids in Florida but it was not quite in the budget range.

Ok you guys, lighten up and calm down. Bamber is building a reputation as the DW rottwieler in his endeavour to correct any minor errors you may make in your posts. If you visit my post on "transferable personal allowances" you will note that once he has his teeth locked onto your leg, he won't let go easily. Whilst I don't doubt the validity of what he is saying in his posts, he is always determined to have the last word, regardless of what you post.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/sen...le-personal-allowance-2015-a.html#post2553122

Last edited:
Its just a shame they didn't bring this scam out years ago. It would have made an ideal Christmas present for the Wife. I got you a pamper day all expenses paid, now all you have to do is step into my office and we can erm start the paperwork off. Sorted :)

Please point out exactly where the article says that any of the money can be used for a pamper day.

Wouldn't it make a lovely contraception if these people had to find the 3000 themselves or indeed if it was a NHS loan?. I am just nipping out to number 10 Downing Street to see my mucker. We could be onto something here. ;)

Erm the clue is in the thread title fella. ;)

And the thread title has nothing to do with the article, which mentions only methods of pain relief during childbirth. Try telling Mrs. Miggy that childbirth can be turned into the equivalent of a spa day and see how she reacts.

And the thread title has nothing to do with the article, which mentions only methods of pain relief during childbirth. Try telling Mrs. Miggy that childbirth can be turned into the equivalent of a spa day and see how she reacts.

I maybe a while, she might say go ahead with it. :banana:

Back