All geared up and nowhere to go

okeefo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Ok.... I'm a newbie and a need some advice/help.

I got me segam 1x intel dbox in debug mode with neutrino 1.6 and i'm having major headaches.

I got loads of images, Enigma etc, keys, service xmls etc...

I've read alot of the tutorials but I don't seem to be having much luck...

My first set of issue is..

1) When I go into the menu and change the language and the newtwork settings and then try and save them... They disappear when i reboot the box (unplug it). i got no error whilst saving it just takes 4 or 5 secs. Its stating to get on my tits retyping the ip address everytime i reboot the box which i seem to be doing every 5 mins at the moment!

My first thought may be permisions so i've tried CHOMDing most files but i not all file allow my to do so, even though i'm logged in as root... (igues its a file lock) . I.e i cannot update the lccd clock images becaues the permissions are read only.

It also seems that when i ftp to the box and copy over service.xml cable.xml etc they dissapear when i rboot the box.

2) When i ftp an image to the box and using the remote i try to flash the box i always get a cannot open "mtd-device" (something like that). If i try to write just a partition i get a write error.

I've tried using a couple flas assistence and it did do something. The dbox now displays an image on the tv when booting up and i get a screen outputing some bios infor and version nos.....

And Lastly

I'm in a TW subscriber in the southwest london area but nearly all the services i 've seen are for north london and east london. I've seen a couple for croydon and kingston.... anybody any clues if they would work for moi?? or do i just have to do a scan.??

:Cheers: in advance

oO-KeeF-Oo

sounds like your image is a SquashFS image in the downloads section there is 2 images that you can use and edit the new next-gen and liams enigmax try this and make sure you pick 1x and it is modded already in english with english clock fonts on lcd

cheers

your best shot really is to flash with dbox ifa
and flash over new sportster as you can scan for all channels on sportster and then store and edit bouquets and create a nice setup of bouquets and then save the whole image for backup if anything should happen.
theres loads and loads of info about on this forum for dboxs how to's and so on so if you get stuck re read first..

most definetly the image id say. Get shot of it. Ive tried a few in my time and found sptster1.7 uk05 to be by far the best for my SAGEM dox2.

although this weekend im gonna try enigmax but firstly i will be backing up all my files.

I read somewhere that sptster is mainly for nokia doxes but the afore mentioned works fine an dandy on me SAGEM.

Cheers guys..... I'll take your advice and have a go at changing the image with an IFA.

Ta

oO-KeeF-Oo

Back