Alcohol Strength?

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
This has been puzzling my limited intellect for a while now lol.....

If you had a pint of beer at 3% and a pint at 4%, even though it's only 1% more of alcohol, does it make it 25% stronger?

Or am i looking at it from a completely wrong perspective? Lol

I'd say so, yeah.

4 pints at 3% = 3 pints at 4% so 4 pints is 25% more pints than 3 pints

I think, therefore I drink

I'd say so, yeah.

4 pints at 3% = 3 pints at 4% so 4 pints is 25% more pints than 3 pints

I think, therefore I drink
Excellent!! I hope you and I are correct edds, and it's Chook who is looking from the wrong perspective. :)

If you had a pint of beer at 3% and a pint at 4%, even though it's only 1% more of alcohol, does it make it 25% stronger?

Are you a Southerner mate ?

This got me thinking.
If you mix the 4% and 3% together,do you get 7%.
Or a watered down 4%?

PS if you tipped the 4% into the 3% are you strengthening the 3% or weakening the 4%

Last edited:

4% is 25% more than 3% but 4% is only 1% stronger than 3%.
Nothing wrong with my perspective Dar ;)

I'm now even more confused lol

Would i be 25% more piss..tipsy, off of the pint of 4%?
To be fair the answer is open to interpretation, lol. I haven't touched a beer for quite a while but hopefully will sample a bit of the amber nectar on my birthday next month 🥳

To be fair the answer is open to interpretation, lol. I haven't touched a beer for quite a while but hopefully will sample a bit of the amber nectar on my birthday next month 🥳
I think I'll have put this to a practical test. I'll have a pint of 3 on Friday, and a pint of 4 on Saturday. After each pint, I'll post a thread, and you lot can decide whether one is 25% nonsensical than the other, as opposed to my usual crap lol

I think it would be great fun to have a few with our Dar. Just noticed your "location" mate, one of my favourites from Where Eagles Dare. Watched that film each night for a week at my local Cinema back in 71', free admission as the manager had bought a house on the site I was working on.

Now a few steins of beer at the "Schloss Adler" would have been something wouldn't it?

I think I'll have put this to a practical test. I'll have a pint of 3 on Friday, and a pint of 4 on Saturday. After each pint, I'll post a thread, and you lot can decide whether one is 25% nonsensical than the other, as opposed to my usual crap lol

Can you even but a 3% pint ? Seems like a waste of water to me.

I think it would be great fun to have a few with our Dar. Just noticed your "location" mate, one of my favourites from Where Eagles Dare. Watched that film each night for a week at my local Cinema back in 71', free admission as the manager had bought a house on the site I was working on.

Now a few steins of beer at the "Schloss Adler" would have been something wouldn't it?
Now that would be most satisfying. We could invite Maria and Heidi along for a schnapps at the converted armoury ;)

Can you even but a 3% pint ? Seems like a waste of water to me.
We'll make it 4 and 5% instead lol

I did down a 35cl bottle of High Commissioner Whiskey in one, in one moment of madness. Not a good idea for a lightweight like me, but i needed to get to sleep quickly. :)

Back