Air Pistols

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
I got myself one of these (midlife crisis lol)
Haven't owned one since early 80's.
Changed quite a bit. Seem more powerful too. I wouldn't have been able to cock this, aged 10. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I got myself one of these (midlife crisis lol)
Haven't owned one since early 80's.
Changed quite a bit. Seem more powerful too. I wouldn't have been able to cock this, aged 10. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not heard of that make (looks nice) but I've been out of the loop for over twenty years. I used to go to a target shooting club.

I still have a BSA Scorpion and Air Arms TX200 rifle :).

Not heard of that make (looks nice) but I've been out of the loop for over twenty years. I used to go to a target shooting club.

I still have a BSA Scorpion and Air Arms TX200 rifle :).

I believe it's a £75 Chinese clone of a £200 German gun.
Neat little thing though.

@Spectre I've never owned a rifle. They were more accurate and powerful, but to conspicuous. I didn't have access to a car, and carrying one to wherever, would get frowned upon by passers by and make me feel guilty. Lol

@Spectre I've never owned a rifle. They were more accurate and powerful, but to conspicuous. I didn't have access to a car, and carrying one to wherever, would get frowned upon by passers by and make me feel guilty. Lol

The Scorpion is a bit conspicuous as it was a break-barrel with air chamber behind the barrel and a lot of pistols were barrel over air chamber. Good for messing about with though :).

I remember me and a friend being on a bus with gun cases. That was probably 1996 or 1997.

Imagine doing that now!

@Spectre is there a power difference between the break barrels and this type, or is the principal mechanism the same?

I used to have a Weihrauch rifle back in the day accurate and powerful as I remember. Had owned a few others but the Weihrauch was the best by far.

@Spectre is there a power difference between the break barrels and this type, or is the principal mechanism the same?

I think there was an advantage to barrel-after-air chamber power-wise because the air doesn't have to go round a corner :).

I'm not sure on that but it is my thinking on it. Maybe the extra heating of the air makes is better?

Probably not an easy thing to predict.

pistols are limited to 6ft/Ib of power and air rifles 12ft/Ib before you need to go to FAC in England and Wales , N Ireland and Scotland you need a license for any air weapon.

If you were caught with that today it would be a jail sentence , serious offence today.

Always fancied a FAC as I did used to like clay pigeon shooting. Used to use a friends under-over Beretta :).

Four-bolt scope clamp, anti-trap lever...

Always wanted a 56 scope but that's just a standard hunting scope. I don't think this scope mount would allow it.

Has the power changed? I'm sure it was 14ft/lb.

IMAG1179.jpg

Im not sure @Spectre , when i was younger in the early 80`s i just went out on the pit heaps and surrounding areas and nobody bothered you but now days you need permission to go on any land to shoot or you get a visit from the armed response team.

Back